155 Clarence St, Sydney, NSW, 2000 /
Technology – Security /
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia's largest EFTPOS provider of all ADI's outside of the big 4 banks. With almost 500 employees, $13.4 billion in transactions in 2018, we are much more than an EFTPOS provider - Tyro is an ASX listed Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA).
With 10 industry firsts to market, we're giving the business banking world a good shake up, with smart technology that saves Australian businesses time and money. Come and be a part of the Tyro journey.
About the role:
As a Security Engineer with Tyro you will be a visible member of our Security team, helping us to advance security capabilities across the entire organisation.
The role requires someone who can use their initiative and work well independently as well as collaboratively as part of the larger security team.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement and maintain enterprise class security services for our banking and corporate environments in the cloud and on premise,
- Support self-service for development teams and other system owners to tap into centralised security services,
- Design, build and maintain security controls that are highly efficient through automation,
- Design, build and maintain tooling to measure how well security controls are implemented by distributed teams,
- Provide advanced technical support for issues related to the systems you help build,
- Promote our existing, whilst at the same time challenging, our security architecture; and
- Be a key contributor in team planning and prioritisation sessions.
Your skills and experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of security architectures, topologies and essential services;
- Knowledge of security standards and frameworks such as NIST, PCI-DSS, ISO27001, etc.;
- Experience in firewall administration and network troubleshooting skills (Palo Alto, Checkpoint, F5, IP routing);
- Experience collaborating within a cross-functional security team in order to maintain a high performing security service;
- A willingness to investigate and learn new products and services;
- Loves learning and sharing their knowledge with the team.
- The confidence to leave their ego at the door.
- Confidence across tools and languages such as Atlassian suite, GIT, Puppet, Ansible and Python; and
- Knowledge of AWS services (AWS VPC/RDS/S3)
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australia businesses.
Our almost 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a generous learning & development budget for training for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, and not to mention our multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.