Manager, Data Privacy
Toronto or Remote (North America) /
Operations – Legal /
Uberflip is a marketing technology company founded in 2012 and headquarters in Toronto. Customer-facing teams use the Uberflip platform to package marketing collateral into mini, personalized websites that educate buyers on their product or service. Uberflip's core product features enable marketers to centralize and organize all their content, drive consumption with an AI-powered recommendation engine, and get data and analytics to measure and optimize the performance of content and campaigns. Our Uberflip Analytics & Enrichment give marketers the ability to integrate their favorite tech with our platform.
We're on the search for a Manager, Data Privacy!
As the Manager, Data Privacy your core mandate will primarily be in the area of Privacy Governance and Advisory. You are expected to be the subject expert, capable of developing relationships to monitor and support privacy governance across the organization. The working environment is fast paced and requires multi- tasking and flexibility in managing priorities.
What you will be doing:
- Be the subject matter expert in privacy - you will provide privacy expertise and guidance to lines of businesses. You’ll be responsible for conducting privacy impact assessments for new initiatives/ revised programs, vendor due diligence, assessing risk and controls and developing privacy training and tools including privacy reference resources. You’ll have frequent collaboration with lines of business and will develop strong relationships across the organization.
- Stay up to date on Regulatory Compliance - Conduct reviews of proposed or new privacy legislation changes where Uberflip operates, including assessing regulations and ensuring compliance with the EU GDPR, California CCPA, and Canada PIPEDA.
- Provide Operational advice and Guidance – Conduct research to provide support to Uberflip with various lines of Businesses (Sales, marketing, P+C) on risk reviews and recommendations on steps to manage and lower privacy risks.
- Partnering with Engineering - working with Engineering teams to embed privacy within the practices. Creating privacy procedures, product requirements, policies and training materials.
- Managing the Privacy Program - Educating Uberflippers on privacy topics, answering customers questions regarding how we use data, ensuring vendors are managing data appropriately, responding to DSAR requests and managing records surrounding.
We want to talk to you if:
- Can demonstrate experience in a Privacy role. You have managed regulatory and compliance requirements and have experience in communicating regulatory changes and developing and implementing policies, guidelines or procedures to meet regulatory obligations. You understand that success is in the details and while assessing multiple initiatives, you are able to analyze initiatives to ensure privacy risks are identified and are aligned with our privacy policies and comply with privacy law. You are able to effectively communicate your findings in an impactful way.
- You have a minimum of three years of working experience in compliance, risk management, legal, audit or other governance groups.
- Currently are or were a Product leader with 3+ years of experience contributing to SaaS products.
- Have skills, education, or experience in product management, user experience, analytics, business strategy, ethnographic research, or related experience.
- Are familiar with cloud hosting technologies (ex. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) .
- Are able to collaborate with product, design, marketing, and data science teams.
- Experience operating in and advocating for high-velocity experimentation.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and can communicate complex ideas in written and verbal communication.
- Have a track record of customer engagement and advocacy.
- Possess a privacy designation with the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) or will acquire it within the first year
What you will love about us:
- Great Company Culture
- Inclusive and Collaborative work environment
- Competitive Health Benefits for you and your family starting day one
- Wellness Programs including company paid counselling
- Flexible Working Hours and Remote work flexibility
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Unlimited Vacation Days
- Additional Paid Health Days
- Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Learning Credits to put towards your professional development
- (Virtual) Regular Standups, Demos, and Socials to keep us aligned and connected
- And so much more!
Uberflip is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If you're smart and good at what you do, come as you are!