Product Manager - Innovations
Mountain View or San Francisco
Join one of the most exciting companies in Silicon Valley that is poised to disrupt the way we live our daily lives. Named CNBC's Top 50 Disruptors and on its way to becoming the brand for the way we learn to get jobs, Udacity is looking for people to join its Blitz team to have a 10X impact on the world. If you love a challenge, can take risks and truly want to make a difference, read on.
At Udacity, we bring high quality education and new employment opportunities to the world at large scale. Billions of people worldwide are actively looking for ways to improve their lives and to grow their skills. We believe that education is no longer limited to four years or four walls, it’s a lifelong pursuit. Technology is advancing rapidly, and there is a growing skills gap between job-seekers, and career opportunities that Udacity is dedicated to closing through education. To do this, we’re rethinking how education is made and delivered by empowering our students to advance themselves personally and professionally, and help them land their dream job.
As the Product Manager for Innovations at Udacity Blitz, you become an integral part of our mission. Udacity Blitz is a new service directly connecting companies with Nanodegree program alumni who develop and fully manage custom software projects. You will be responsible for driving the vision for a new opportunity to engage all alumni of Udacity's Nanodegree programs, as well as industry-leading organizations.
- Own the implementation for a new platform to engage Udacity alumni with each other and external Udacity Blitz partners and clients.
- Be the voice of Udacity Blitz in the Udacity alumni and student community.
- Deeply understand the needs and pain points of our alumni user base in their search for professional development.
- Evaluate and understand the strengths and areas of improvement for alumni, and how the platform can bridge those gaps.
- Prefer candidates with experience in product management, program management, or operations management.
- Prefer experience with crowdsourcing, competition, or marketplace products.
- Ability to empathize with multiple perspectives, but also to prioritize and make decisions.
- Hands-on attitude to jump in and get things done where needed.
- Great communicator, both written and verbal.
- Bonus points for: (1) You are a developer/engineer who can empathize with alumni (2) You have experience with talent marketplaces (3) You are a user of online tech education.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.