Senior Product Manager
Mountain View or San Francisco
Join one of the most exciting companies in Silicon Valley that is poised to disrupt the way we live our daily lives. Named CNBC's Top 50 Disruptors and on its way to becoming the brand for the way we learn to get jobs, Udacity is looking for people to join its Student Services team to have a 10X impact on the world. If you love a challenge, can take risks and truly want to make a difference, read on.
At Udacity, our mission is to democratize education. We aim to bring accessible, affordable, engaging, and highly relevant higher education to the world. We believe that education is no longer limited to four years or four walls – it’s a lifelong pursuit. Technology is advancing rapidly, and there is a growing skills gap between job-seekers and career opportunities that Udacity is dedicated to closing through education. To do this, we're rethinking how education is made and delivered by empowering our students to advance themselves personally and professionally, and help them land their dream job.
At Udacity, our students come first. As Senior Product Manager for Udacity Connect (or UConnect), one of our most innovative offerings that bring Nanodegree programs to students in the familiar setting of face-to-face learning, you will be at the forefront of helping our students succeed. If you are solution-driven, entrepreneurial, people-focused, and looking for an opportunity to make an impact, we are looking for you.
- You will own the entire cycle of delivering Udacity Connect (or UConnect sessions) to users and continual improvement as it scales. Your role exists in the intersection of product management, product marketing, and design. You will outline product requirements, research user benefits, create and manage project plans, monitor success metrics, implement interventions, deliver product improvements designed to delight our students while measuring impact on business.
- You will work closely with Content, Student Services, Engineering, Data, Marketing, Admissions, International and senior leadership. You will be the face of the product, making sure that things are accomplished in a timely manner, successfully hit targets with all key stakeholders on-board. Success will be measured by improvements in key metrics against the quarterly and annual growth targets, such as student satisfaction, conversion, retention, graduation, revenue, and enrollment.
- Cast vision for innovative product and features and lead a team of world-class engineers and designers from ideation to technical development and launch
- Integrate usability studies, research, and market analytics into backlog prioritization and product requirements
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Execute launches and post-launch iteration with relentless attention to detail
- Play an active role in broad business development initiatives to identify and implement opportunistic product collaborations
- Collaborate cross-functionally as well as with Connect team to establish clear business requirements as well as test, iterate, and scale programs globally
- Drive informed data driven product decisions
- Communicate progress to receive feedback and align strategy
- Implement continuous optimization of workflow and processes while leaving room to take risks
- Deeply understand Udacity student behavior patterns and needs
- Communicate team’s roadmap and progress within the company
- 3+ years product management or product design experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute multiple cross-functional projects
- Intuition for what makes a great product, high attention to detail
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Passion for education and empathy for learners
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces, ability to communicate ideas through wireframes and mockups
- Knowledge and understanding of current analytics tools
- Experience developing social products, technologies, and platforms is strongly desired
- Experience in product marketing is a plus
- Experience with teaching or ed-tech a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.