Senior Android Engineer - Returnship
U.S.A., San Francisco
Path Forward Return-To-Work Internships – Path Forward Return-To-Work Internship
The Path Forward Return to Work Internship Program:
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Udemy is for professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. If selected, you’ll get 16 weeks of paid employment doing work you love for one of the world’s most innovative companies in EdTech! You’ll have the chance to update your skills, add new experience to your resume, and make new professional connections. You’ll also receive support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
The program is open to anyone who has at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving. If you meet these criteria and your skills match our needs, we welcome you to apply.
- Build, iterate, and enhance mobile applications on the Google Android platform
- Continue to evaluate innovative applications on the Android platform and present new ideas to improve our offering on the mobile platform
- Partner closely with the design team to create an intuitively easy to use application for our users
- Bring new features in the course taking experience to the Android platform
- Optimize the existing code for ease of use and performance
- Continue to improve development process. Evaluate and implement new tools as needed.
- Contribute to a team culture that values quality while fostering initiatives and innovation.
- Engage and participate in external developer meet-ups and events to promote Udemy engineering brand as a great place to work. Give tech talks or organize developer panels
- Has released a few applications into the Android market
- Solid understanding of the Android platform
- Knowledge and experience in at least one object oriented programming language and related framework
- Shown success as an individual contributor.
- Have consistently demonstrated ability and commitment to deliver on major releases
- Exercised exemplary development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing, and code reviews.
- Exhibited passion for delivering high quality products that meet business requirements
- Willingness to "go the extra mile" when needed.
UDEMY IN THE NEWS