Senior Product Designer, Payments
Istanbul, Turkey /
Design & Research – Product Design /
Design at Udemy
Udemy’s designers guide our global learning solutions, from concept through delivery of the shipped product, making sure that our experiences are intuitive, accessible, and delightful.
We work side-by-side with product managers, engineers, data scientists, UX researchers, and business stakeholders to collaboratively build world-class product experiences across all screens and devices for our diverse, international community.
You’ll be an instrumental part of the design and product teams, influencing our product roadmap, design process, and everything in between.
We’re a close-knit bunch who enjoy problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We are driven by our mission: “To improve lives through learning.”
About this role
As Payments design lead, you’ll operate at the forefront of Udemy’s global expansion, enabling learners in 180+ different countries to acquire the right learning solution via localized currency and payment services.
In addition to overseeing and scaling our payment ecosystem, you’ll be a key partner in helping develop new financial products to help instructors and learners improve their lives through learning.
We're excited about you because you have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human and Computer Interaction, Web Design, Interactive Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent practical work experience
- 4+ Years of Product Design experience, of which 2 at least in a high-traffic e-commerce environment
- A portfolio of end-to-end product design work that showcases your involvement, from research and discovery to visual design and engineering implementation support, and demonstrates your ability to ship products that users love
- Collaborated with Product Managers, Researchers and Engineers in your previous roles
- A toolbox of user centric design methods and a flair for visual design.
What we’re looking for
- You’re highly-collaborative and have a low-ego approach.
- You are highly energetic and enthusiastic about designing solutions for our Instructor community and rapidly iterating on those solutions based on their feedback.
- You are open minded about everything and always looking to learn more about design, the ed tech industry and looking to try out new methods in your work.
- You’re capable of actively managing your time and communication strategy when dealing with collaborators across multiple time zonesYou’re an ambassador for design who brings diverse stakeholders together to align and work together to solve problems.
- You're comfortable kicking-off abstract projects before goals and vision are fully defined and collaborate to define measurable milestones.
- You facilitate ideation within your product area and champion the users while managing stakeholder input.
- You regularly and clearly articulate your design process, key decisions, and the information and insights that informed your decision.
- You demonstrate expertise in your product area through mastery of best practices and knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- You have experience in leveraging design systems in your work to reduce the cost of shipping product while maintaining a cohesive user and brand experience.
- You can move high-priority projects toward delivery in a fast-paced agile environment. You have a refined aesthetic sensibility in your visual design work.
- Collaborate with your team’s product manager, engineering lead and leadership to prioritize problems and opportunities
- Facilitate your teams effort to solve priority problems and opportunities through workshops and other ideation methods
- Own the solution design process, taking it through multiple iterations and rounds of feedback with your team, stakeholders, the design group and the potential users.
- Validate solutions through research and customer feedback, evaluate and understand the impact, gaps and opportunities to improve.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is publicly traded and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, or a sincerely-held religious belief, we will consider requests for accommodation.
Udemy in the News