Software Engineer - Full Stack Labs
Dublin, Ireland /
Engineering – Engineering /
If you love challenges and strive for excellence, come build the future of hands-on learning with us! As a Full Stack Web and API developer on the labs team, you’ll be responsible for improving and expanding our immersive learning products. We’re a small, collaborative, and fun group of engineers building hands-on learning experiences that simulate real-word projects. Our first set of labs are aimed towards students working on their AWS certifications, software developers looking to upskill, and aspiring data scientists trying to break into the field. We’re continuing to improve our product by building support for labs in additional topics such as Azure, DevOps, Data Analytics, and Cybersecurity. We’re also working on features to ensure that students are learning with effective best practices for motivation, transferrable understanding, and engagement in mind.
Labs are a new product area at Udemy, you’ll be performing experiments with the team and professional educators and iterating quickly in a dynamic, market-based environment with literally millions of students. Developers at Udemy work in close collaboration with instructors, product owners, designers, user researchers, and other development teams at Udemy. Our work is impactful; we help people improve their lives through learning whether it’s through obtaining a career-changing IT certification or upskilling for a promotion.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Working on full stack development in Python, Django, React, and MySQL
- Developing, testing, documenting, and releasing full stack, end-to-end features for Udemy labs and coding exercises that supports over 50 million students worldwide and more than 150,000 courses
- Working on the Kuberenetes and Docker environments that support labs
- Improve the labs infrastructure using Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, and Packer
- Setting up new lab environments to support technologies in Azure, DevOps, Data Analytics, and Cybersecurity
- Participating in sprint planning and getting work done in two-week sprints
- Participating in code reviews as well as post-deployment DevOps and monitoring
- Contributing to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation
- Researching and evaluating new technologies that may improve our processes or code bases
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE:
- A passion for education
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Experience with web technologies including HTTP, HTML, CSS
- Experience with web application development using modern framework ORMs (e.g. Django, Rails, Symfony, Spring, Laravel, ExpressJS, etc.)
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Knowledge of testing methods, including back-end and front-end unit and integration tests.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working on enterprise-level websites at a global scale
- Experience with Cloud and DevOps technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Terraform.)
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience with Java, Kotlin, or any modern object-oriented language
- Experience with Relational Databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with microservices, GraphQL
- Passion for board games or trivia
What are some of the benefits of working at Udemy?
Best in class employee training and onboarding
Annual education allowance with unlimited access to the Udemy learning platform
Life Assurance (x4 times your annual salary)
Long term illness cover
Free breakfast and lunch catered on-site
25 days holidays plus additional company discretionary days
Flexible working hours (agreed with your manager)
An amazing culture of always learning and supporting each other
UBelong programs to foster inclusivity and being your authentic self at work
We have 38 different nationalities in our Dublin office alone
And lots more
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, millions of students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is publicly traded and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, or a sincerely-held religious belief, we will consider requests for accommodation.
Udemy in the News