Senior Associate, Email Marketing
Gurgaon, India /
Marketing – Marketing /
About The Role:
You will be a part of Udemy’s Lifecycle Marketing & Monetization Team. While this role is based in India along with its manager, this person will interact very closely/on a daily basis with the Marketing Owned Channels team in San Francisco. You'll be an integral part of Udemy’s team, managing a critical function of the marketing organization through email marketing production. You will ensure the executional success of all global campaigns by tracking deliverables, executing campaigns using Udemy’s internal and external tools, and leading quality control efforts. You will work directly with the Owned Channels Team, as well as cross-functional partners, to grow and expand Udemy’s customer base. The work you complete will have a direct impact towards the team’s pursuit of improving the customer journey and impacting long-term value for students and instructors.
You are extremely organized, comfortable managing timelines and deliverables for multiple projects at a time, identifying potential timeline or bandwidth issues upfront. You thrive in execution-driven roles and are capable of identifying operational improvements or processes to increase efficiency. You are technically-savvy, capable of learning how to use email marketing tools, becoming an expert.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build dynamic HTML emails, modules and templates using Responsys ESP & Braze
- QA email programs and campaigns to ensure error-free deployment
- Build and optimize lifecycle, promotions, and trigger-based programs
- Create email campaigns that are responsive to mobile and desktop platforms
- Utilize Litmus to proof email campaigns to ensure correct design and device rendering
- Collaborate with Email Team to coordinate email coverage, allocate work and bandwidth
- Monitor email programs to ensure deliverability to global customer base
- Troubleshoot issues or errors that may arise pre or post launch
- Work closely with the Brand team to deliver creative vision (font, color, layout, etc)
- Work with Product, Engineering, Brand, and Data Science to assist in improving email marketing sophistication through automation and personalization
- Knowledge of email best practices, A/B testing, and CAN-SPAM laws, and bring new and innovative ideas to the team
We’re Excited About You Because You Have:
- 2-3+ years of technical email marketing or technical marketing experience
- Experience using Responsys, Braze and/or other Email Service Providers (ESPs)
- Familiarity with email marketing concepts, deployment and implementation
- Experience in HTML & CSS knowledgeJ
- Experience using email optimization tools to proof email templates for device rendering
- Experience with Dark Mode template modification as per creative designsSolid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues, code solutions and email best practices
- A strong disposition for data-driven decision making; ability to write SQL queries (or desire to learn)
- A drive to improve processes and increase operational efficiencies
- A passion for learning, developing and testing innovative email personalization techniques and formats
- A team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly organized
Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world.
The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.