Senior iOS Engineer - Returnship
U.S.A., San Francisco
Path Forward Return-To-Work Internships – Path Forward Return-To-Work Internship
The Path Forward Return to Work Internship Program:
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Udemy is for professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. If selected, you’ll get 16 weeks of paid employment doing work you love for one of the world’s most innovative companies in EdTech! You’ll have the chance to update your skills, add new experience to your resume, and make new professional connections. You’ll also receive support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
The program is open to anyone who has at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving. If you meet these criteria and your skills match our needs, we welcome you to apply.
- Build, iterate, and enhance mobile applications on iOS and tvOS platform
- Continue to evaluate innovative applications on iOS/tvOS and present new ideas to improve our offering on iOS/tvOS and other mobile platforms
- Partner closely with the design team to create an intuitively easy to use application for our users
- Optimize the existing code for ease of use and performance
- Continue to improve development process. Evaluate and implement new tools as needed.
- Contribute to a team culture that values quality while fostering initiatives and innovation.
- Engage and participate in external developer meet-ups and events to promote Udemy’s engineering brand as a great place to work. Give tech talks or organize developer panels.
- Has released one or two medium to large scale consumer facing applications on iTunes App Store
- Solid understanding of the iOS platform
- Knowledge and experience in Swift and Obj-C programming languages, OOD and component architecture
- Experienced with SDK features like CoreData, StoreKit, AVPlayer, push notifications, deep linking, etc
- Exercised exemplary development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing, UI testing, automation and code reviews.
- Familiarity with common 3rd party libraries for networking, ORM, analytics, crash reporting, etc
- Experienced with consuming REST APIs and OAuth
- Exhibited passion for delivering high quality products and high maintainable code that meet business requirements
- Shown success as an individual contributor. Have consistently demonstrated ability and commitment to deliver on major releases
- Follows the latest trends in iOS development and evangelize them in the team
- Willingness to "go the extra mile" when needed.
- Having an active Github profile
Udemy in the News: