Senior Software Engineer - Data Warehouse Returnship
U.S.A., San Francisco
Path Forward Return-To-Work Internships – Path Forward Return-To-Work Internship
The Path Forward Return to Work Internship Program:
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Udemy is for professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. If selected, you’ll get 16 weeks of paid employment doing work you love for one of the world’s most innovative companies in EdTech! You’ll have the chance to update your skills, add new experience to your resume, and make new professional connections. You’ll also receive support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
The program is open to anyone who has at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving. If you meet these criteria and your skills match our needs, we welcome you to apply.
- Build robust and scalable data warehouse and analytics infrastructure to support needs from different teams around the company
- Develop and manage ETL pipelines (Mobile data related pipelines in particular)
- May get involved in various projects/tasks as needed. This may involve some project planning, resource planning, and deployment planning in addition to his/her current software engineering responsibilities
- Participate in agile development methodologies with two weeks sprints.
- Lead by example and contribute to a team culture that values quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering initiatives and innovation.
- Continue to research and evaluate new technologies (such as new scheduler) that may improve performance and elegance of our data warehouse and infrastructure.
- Lead team in efforts related to mobile data ingestion and analysis
- Minimum 2 years experience in data engineering and 5 years of software engineering
- Demonstrated ability to solve time-critical problems
- Strong technical communication skills
- Willingness to "go the extra mile" when needed.
- How business analytics is built and used (a big plus)
- Building Data ETL pipelines
- Python, Scala
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Mobile Technologies and Vendors (Branch Metrics, Deep Linking, AppsFlyer
Nice to have:
- Experience with Django
- Experience with Tableau
Udemy in the News: