Market - UX Researcher - Returnship
U.S.A., San Francisco
Path Forward Return-To-Work Internships – Path Forward Return-To-Work Internship
The Path Forward Return to Work Internship Program:
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Udemy is for professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. If selected, you’ll get 16 weeks of paid employment doing work you love for one of the world’s most innovative companies in EdTech! You’ll have the chance to update your skills, add new experience to your resume, and make new professional connections. You’ll also receive support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
The program is open to anyone who has at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving. If you meet these criteria and your skills match our needs, we welcome you to apply.
The user research team is a small but mighty group looking to add another user-centric voice to the mix. In Udemy’s insights-driven culture, researchers play a key role in leading and inspiring teams to create the next generation of products. We bring empathetic advocacy of our users’ actuality to every business group in the company - from product and design to brand strategy and content. Our goal is to ensure each department has the right insights to develop innovative products and messaging that resonate with our customers. We’re looking for someone who is incredibly hungry, passionate, smart, fun, scrappy and generally awesome to help us achieve that objective!
You will answer questions like:
- What is a new student’s mental model around online education, and how can we speak to that in the transition from marketing materials to on-site discovery?
- How can we improve our YouTube ads to appeal to more potential students around the world?
- How can we leverage native app notifications to encourage good teaching behaviors?
- As we roll out more brand-level advertising, does it all resonate with our user personas
- What new areas of content expansion should we invest in? What would resonate most with students?
- Employ a mixed-methods approach to gathering both generative and evaluative feedback on our mobile and desktop-based designs. Methods may include: ethnographic studies, online surveys, usability tests, card sorting, participatory design, experience mapping, and in-depth interviews
- Manage research projects from kick-off and recruitment to effective communication of the synthesized key findings to internal stakeholders
- Deftly manage cross-team dynamics and internal stakeholder relationships
- 2-3 years of practice executing research projects in an agile product environment, or have equivalent educational experiences
- BS, MS, or PhD in Human-computer interaction, human factors, cognitive psychology, sociology, anthropology, or related field
- Experience working in industry, directly with design, product, engineering, and business teams, to gather study requirements and present findings
- Background in consumer-based products or B2B markets
- Experience with web and/or mobile research
- Global perspective
Extra points for:
Udemy UX Research Updates
The “Goldilocks Experience” of developing a foundational research framework — finding a practice that’s “just right”
Udemy in the News: