Data Science Manager (Marketing Decision Science)
San Francisco, California /
Engineering – Data /
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Decision scientists draw on a combination of quantitative methods and business intuition to find actionable insights that drive key business decisions at Udemy. Our marketing decision science team supports Udemy’s Direct to Consumer (D2C) user growth and demand generation by answering questions such as:
-What is the ideal cadence for marketing emails?
-How should we determine the incremental value of different marketing channels?
-How can we improve performance within marketing channels by optimizing bids and bidding strategies?
-What types of ad creatives are most effective?
-What drives variability in channel or campaign performance?
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a decision science manager partnering with Marketing at Udemy, you will be responsible for leading a team of decision scientists and driving meaningful business impact via thought leadership. We are looking for a sharp, independent data leader with a talent for drawing structure out of ambiguity, a relentless focus on driving meaningful business impact, and a passion for improving lives through learning.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Recruit, hire, and retain an amazing team of high caliber decision scientists
- Provide hands-on technical guidance and career mentorship for team members
- Drive and execute key analytic projects and initiatives when needed
- Identify critical business problems and develop analytical solutions
- Partner with marketing leaders to shape the team’s roadmap and drive execution
- Collaborate with other data leaders to define Udemy’s long-term data strategy/vision
- Maintain high quality standards for data science work and recruiting
- Build Udemy’s technical brand through talks, blog posts, and publications
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 1+ years of experience managing and growing high performance data science teams
- 6+ years of industry experience in a decision science context
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders of all levels
- Strong knowledge of applied statistics, experimental design, and causal inference
- Proficiency with SQL and 1+ programming languages (e.g., R or Python)
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News