Design Lead, Enterprise
San Francisco, California /
Marketing – Marketing /
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced and talented creative problem solver who is passionate about the intersection of learning and development, business and technology. With tens of millions of users and billions of learning interactions, Udemy is the world’s largest learning marketplace. Udemy for Business is the B2B arm of Udemy, dedicated to helping employees at organizations around the world do whatever comes next. Udemy for Business is growing rapidly and the team needs a design lead to own, develop, and manage all visual design elements.
Reporting directly to the Senior Global Creative Director, you will work directly with the Udemy for Business marketing team and key stakeholders, as well as direct an agency partner, and manage a junior visual designer dedicated to Udemy for Business. Operating as lead designer, you will have a significant opportunity to join the team at an early stage and be the bridge between the business team and the brand. You’ll be thinking big and small - owning the creative output as well as stakeholder relationships. You will be responsible for balancing creative vision, business objectives as well as providing creative direction for our agency.
The ideal candidate has 4+ years of experience leading large cross-functional design projects that have beautiful design that effectively serve business needs. You’re a true professional, juggling stakeholder communications, while managing your schedule, processes, and deliverables in a fast-paced environment. You know the mechanics of B2B marketing and have worked with business leaders to develop go-to-market design solutions across a wide range of channels. You’ll play a key role in driving the iterative and collaborative creative process among multiple stakeholders, thinking strategically but also executing tactically. The person in this role must be responsive to stakeholder feedback, and thrive with an iterative approach to developing creative.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Concept and implement ideas quickly, producing wireframes, initial graphic concepts, and final deliverables for emails, advertising, site optimization, content creation, presentations, slides, and promotions and event design while remaining flexible through revisions and paying keen attention to detail
- Create and evolve scalable design systems, brand guidelines, and workflows that allow our internal teams and external agencies to create materials at scale
- Effective communication and visual storytelling skills to create concepts that inspire and motivate our users and B2B audiences
- Manage key stakeholder relationships and C-suite presentations with the ability to influence outcomes while adhering to creative briefs and business objectives
- Collaborate with copy and video teams to bring our brand to life across all customer experiences – create storytelling content for all channels, and represent the business interests in these projects
- Represent the best interests of the Udemy for Business brand, act as a brand steward with internal teams and external partner agencies, and ensure brand alignment between the main Udemy brand
- Lead design presentations and possess excellent presentation skills
- Manage a junior designer and give creative direction for design agency
We're excited about you because you have:
- 7+ years of experience at a creative or ad agency, graphic design firm, or in-house creative department with strong focus on B2B
- An exceptional and impressive portfolio that showcases your design skills with a wide breadth of marketing executions including print, emails, web design, paid media, events, social, signage, presentations, and collateral
- Skilled at developing effective B2B digital experiences - including but not limited to high-converting landing pages, mobile-first solutions, lead generation, demand generation, and paid advertising
- Experience with email marketing, display advertising and retargeting campaigns, social media content, presentations, integrated marketing campaigns, and brand-level work across a variety of disciplines.
- Experience evaluating workload and optimizing process and workflows
- Expertise in Google Slides, Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and a working understanding of HTML/CSS and web browser capabilities, plus strong typography, motion graphics, and interaction design skills
- Fluent in responsive design
- The ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically
- Be a collaborative, solutions-oriented team player and leader that improves our team’s technical and creative performance
- Have an “always learning” mindset - growing your knowledge about our product, the industry, tand interpret that through design
- Must be able to work independently and maintain communications to the larger Global Creative organization
- Must be a team player who is comfortable working with a marketing and sales driven organization
- An experienced and empathetic manager who has a wide toolset mentoring and leading teams
- A can-do attitude without ego
- Bonus points for the following: video, infographics, illustration, and event graphics
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News