Senior Marketing Manager, Korea
San Francisco, California /
New Ventures – New Ventures /
The Korea team is a newly established team within the New Ventures team, based in San Francisco. The team is set up to turbo-boost our business in Korea, leveraging the strategic partnership with our local partner, Woongjin Thinkbig.
As one of the founding members of the newly-formed Korea team in Udemy, you will establish and drive all aspects of the marketing strategy for Korea, working in collaboration with our local partner and multiple teams within Udemy’s global Marketing department. You will be responsible for increasing awareness and growing demand for Udemy in Korea, to drive revenue growth.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated Marketing leader who flourishes in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is excited to work on a brand-new, high-priority project. You would get the opportunity to be in the driver seat to drive international expansion for a global tech company. You’ll need to be analytical, a good communicator and a scrappy executor.
As the team expands, there is a possibility for a Market Development Associate to report into this role.
This is a full-time position located in our San Francisco office.
- Establish strategy and manage execution for our growth efforts in Korea, including paid and organic channels, SEO, demand generation, supply pipeline generation, and market-specific campaigns
- Develop a deep understanding of the Korean market requirements, culture and competitive landscape
- Design and execute marketing experiments effectively
- Responsible for driving and reporting of marketing-related and revenue metrics
- Work collaboratively with our partner, Woongjin, and multiple teams within Udemy’s global marketing department from strategy to execution, and act as a point person to facilitate communication between Woongjin and Udemy
- Serve as an advocate for the Korea market internally
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience consumer demand generation
- Deep industry knowledge of cutting-edge demand generation methods, with proven track record of utilizing digital channels to drive demand
- Data-driven approach to establishing effective marketing strategies
- Experience with marketing software and systems such as Google Analytics
- Strong communication skills with partners and internal stakeholders
- Experience managing complex projects, meeting deadlines and handling several projects at a time with a high attention to detail
- Strong track record of exceeding goals
- Self-directed and team-oriented, with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to do simple SQL queries a plus
- Marketing or work experience in Korea a plus
- Must be fluent in Korean and English
WORK STRUCTURE & COMPENSATION
Udemy is based in SOMA, San Francisco. Compensation includes full time salary, equity compensation plan, and competitive benefits (including healthcare, commuter benefits and an unlimited vacation policy).
Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world.
The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.