Software Quality Engineer
Bangalore, India /
Engineering – SQA - India /
At UEI you will be part of a world class team that is working to innovate and revolutionize the meaning of ‘wireless control’. Whether it’s via chips, software licenses or turnkey products, we are continuing to reinvent how consumers interact with devices and services in their home.
Each day we make the connected home smarter, easier to connect and use, and more sustainable. We delight our Fortune 100 customers such as Comcast, Apple, Samsung, Google, Vivint and Daikin with ground breaking wireless technology solutions such as advanced, voice-enabled remote controls, cloud control solutions, extreme low power Bluetooth silicon with energy harvesting capabilities, smart thermostats and sensors and many other IoT solutions.
The incumbant in this position will perform Phase Exit audits and ensure quality processes in the teams are adhered to. He/She will create and maintain necessary documents like SOPs, guidelines etc. and guide the development teams on processes while participating in continuous improvement of the same.
- Ensure project compliance with respect to defined software quality processes at every milestone
- Perform periodic internal process audits and configuration audits
- Collect, validate, consolidate and report metrics
- Perform root cause analysis on the defect data and metrics data
- Prepare SOPs and other necessary documents
- Guide team on quality process
Qualifications/ Skills :
- BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech in E&C or E&E
- 2-5 years’ experience in quality process and audit
- Experience in Independently performing impact analysis and recommending technical solution to the team
- Ability to analyze trends and recommend process improvement
- Knowledge on CMMi, Agile, ISO is preferred
- Good communication and presentation skills
Universal Electronics Inc. (NASDAQ: UEIC) is the worldwide leader in universal control and sensing technologies for the smart home. Its broad portfolio of patents includes QuickSet® software that utilizes the world’s most complete knowledge graph to detect and interact with thousands of entertainment and smart home devices. The company designs, develops, and manufactures innovative products that are used by the world’s leading brands in the audio, video, subscription broadcasting, connected home, home energy management, and mobile device markets. UEI’s many first-to-market innovations have helped transform the home entertainment control, home security, and home energy management and sensing industries.
Universal Electronics Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse workforce and we believe having diverse teams that everyone brings their whole self to work everyday is key to all of our success. We welcome all people of different experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and abilities.