Senior Software Engineer
Remote - Johannesburg /
Engineering – Development /
At UiPath we see boundless potential in the way we live. It drives the way we work. Our culture is our most valuable asset, that's why it acts like a compass to us. We’re fast, immersed, humble and bold. And that’s not just words on the walls.
Eliminating time-consuming tasks means people get to do more of what they love. It’s an inspiring, high stakes challenge that motivates us, and this common passion bonds UiPath employees globally. We all strive every day to be better and to accelerate human achievement.
We make robots, but we hire people. Would you like to be part of this journey?
While UiPath strives to accelerate human achievement, UiPath Apps platform elevates the human engagement with automation.
Your mission will be to contribute to the development of this engagement platform.
UiPath Apps is a low-code platform that enables users to build user interfaces on top of their automation workflows, and you will be expanding the capabilities of this growing platform.
For more details on UiPath Apps, refer to this link: https://www.uipath.com/product/low-code-app-studio
This is what you will be doing at UiPath:
- You will be designing and developing internet scale distributed web applications.
- You will help define and refine engineering processes across the team.
- You will be mentoring and providing technical leadership to engineers.
- You will employ Agile methodologies like Scrum to plan and deliver committed results keeping relevant stakeholders in the loop along the way.
- You will work closely with Engineering Managers, Product Managers and UX Designers in defining and prioritizing the roadmap of your product areas.
- You will analyze product usage and operational data to help drive improvements across your product areas.
- You will participate in cross team initiatives.
This is what you will bring to the team:
- 9+ years of experience in software engineering, developing large scale commercial services with robust performance, resiliency, and telemetry, delivered both Online and On Prem.
- 5+ years of experience in Node.js and frameworks available for it like Express, Loopback, Meteor etc.
- Experience in object-oriented programming languages like Java, C#, TypeScript
- Exceptional design, coding, and problem-solving skills, with a bias for architecting at scale.
- Thorough understanding & experience of unit testing, functional testing, scale, and load testing related tools like Chai, Mocha, Jasmine, Karma, WebDriver, Nightwatch, JMeter
- Real world experience working with SQL and/or NoSQL technologies like SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra etc.
- Strong knowledge of computer science, algorithms, and design patterns
Life at UiPath like a lot of startups, can sometimes feel like a roller coaster. It comes with changes and challenges, but also with the opportunity to shape how work is done, to have great impact and learn a great deal.
At UiPath, we value a range of diverse backgrounds experiences and ideas. We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other protected classes.
UiPath is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a medical condition or disability which inhibits your ability to complete any part of the application process, and are in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the process, please contact us @ TALeaders@uipath.com and let us know how we may assist you.