Director, Revenue Accounting (Revenue Controller)
Corporate – Controllership /
UiPath is the fastest-growing enterprise software company in history. Our team grew to over 2,900 employees today, across 53 offices in 25 countries... In just a few years.
Our culture is embedded into our DNA, guiding us every step of the way. We’re fast, immersed, humble and bold. And that’s not just words on the walls.
Eliminating time-consuming tasks means people get to do more of what they love. It’s an inspiring, high stakes challenge that motivates us, and this common passion bonds UiPath employees globally. We all strive every day to be better and to accelerate human achievement.
We make robots, but we hire people. Would you like to be part of this journey?
UiPath is currently recruiting a Director, Revenue Accounting (Revenue Controller) who will be responsible for developing an overall strategic vision to drive and manage the revenue accounting team, revenue methodology, and related processes for compliance in a high growth, fast paced environment. You will work cross functionally with other accounting and finance teams to enhance our internal processes and systems to drive full compliance and automation of the revenue recognition and revenue metrics. You will be the subject matter expert for the revenue compliance and will engage with our commercial teams to provide thought leadership and assist in structuring complex sales transactions. Collaboration with sales and customers is a must. You will also be held accountable for leading and developing your team and promote global employee engagement. This role reports directly to the Corporate Controller.
US location required
Here is what you will do at UiPath:
- Own all aspects of UiPath’s revenue recognition methodology and cycle for proper compliance of ASC 606 revenue recognition standards.
- Enhance and manage the automated revenue recognition (revenue and contract costs) process for the company.
- Develop and enhance accounting policies, whitepapers and revenue technical accounting positions in accordance with ASC 606 for all UiPath product offerings.
- Develop procedures as part of the implementation of SOX 404 related policies and procedures around revenue recognition.
- Develop and enhance processes and controls around revenue related financial metrics that are disclosed in periodically published documents.
- Provide thought leadership, guidance, and strategy on technical revenue recognition matters; providing counsel to your team members and other cross functional teams on how to apply revenue recognition guidelines for on-premises and SaaS offerings.
- Develop processes to fully document and support revenue recognition positions taken by the Company.
- Interact with internal and external auditors, managing preparation of technical accounting memos.
- Assist with month end close process as needed for Revenue and Revenue Reporting.
- Hands on knowledge of NetSuite, Concur, Salesforce, CPQ, ARM, Financial Force is mandatory.
- Understanding of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is highly desirable.
- Responsible for leadership/development and project reporting standards.
This is what you will bring to our team:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 10 or more years of experience managing accounting and financial reporting, with at least 5 years’ experience in a Tech company (On-Prem and/or SaaS).
- Strong knowledge of SaaS revenue recognition rules, mainly ASC 606 and/or IFRS 15.
- MBA or other advanced degree is a plus but not required.
- Ability to travel periodically to different locations.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Able to give clear and consistent recommendations and/or instructions to team members.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and documentation skills.
- Exceptional writing proficiency and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent listening, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with a large, global, functionally diverse, and informed user base that demands high-quality applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast-paced team environment.
Life at UiPath like a lot of startups, can sometimes feel like a roller coaster. It comes with changes and challenges, but also with the opportunity to shape how work is done, to have great impact and learn a great deal.
At UiPath, we value a range of diverse backgrounds experiences and ideas. We pride ourselves on our diversity and inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other protected classes.
UiPath is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a medical condition or disability which inhibits your ability to complete any part of the application process, and are in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the process, please contact us @ TALeaders@uipath.com and let us know how we may assist you.