Growth Marketing Manager
UJUU – Marketing /
Founded in 2020, UJUU is an eCommerce platform and brand development studio. We endeavor to connect a global audience of underserved and underrepresented consumers to a diverse community and collection of carefully curated and vetted emerging designers and brands. We achieve this by offering elegant brand development services and eCommerce solutions across our family of brands.
Our vision is to create a best-in-class and forward-thinking shopping experience for our global community of black and brown across the African diaspora. We're just getting started, but we're already off to a promising start with the launch of our two initial brands: souk + SEPIA and simisienna. With each subsequent brand offering we strive to better serve and meet the unfulfilled needs of our expansive audience.
We are looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to take the reins and strategically scale our paid social media portfolio (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Google). You will be a thought leader in the paid ads space and work cross-functionally with a group of subject-matter experts to drive business growth. You will need to think big + creative, use data to guide your work, and be comfortable challenging convention. If you enjoy delivering novel marketing strategies, thrive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments, and are eager to ideate, execute, and optimize the campaigns that will bring UJUUBrands to the next level, then, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Define, refine, and execute the paid social acquisition and retention strategy for Facebook, Instagram, and other key paid social channels
- Develop hypotheses on when to leverage paid social media channels, build a testing roadmap to prove (or disprove) ideas
- Lead weekly and monthly paid social media reporting with the purpose of sharing best practices and driving enhanced creative outcomes across the organization
- Effectively manage budget to business goals and financial targets
Qualities You Possess
- BS and/or MS in Business, Marketing, or similar field
- 5+ years of relevant social media and direct-response marketing experience, ideally for a product-focused digital business (e-commerce or direct-to-consumer businesses preferred) or at an agency/marketing service provider
- Prior experience in a start-up or similar environment
- Proficiency working in-platform across Facebook, Pinterest, etc
- Knowledge of social media, performance marketing, and industry best practices
- You’re a team player who can work both independently and collaboratively
- You are a great storyteller and communicator who can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- You’re just as comfortable powering through Excel models as you are whipping up white papers or creative presentations
- Highly analytical, solutions-oriented, with a strong attention to detail and ability to work efficiently, prioritize, and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Possess enthusiasm, creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a growth-mindset