New York City, NY /
souk + SEPIA – Executive /
Founded in 2020, UJUU is an eCommerce platform and brand development studio. We endeavor to connect a global audience of underserved and underrepresented consumers to a diverse community and collection of carefully curated and vetted emerging designers and brands. We achieve this by offering elegant brand development services and eCommerce solutions across our family of brands.
Our vision is to create a best-in-class and forward-thinking shopping experience for our global community of black and brown across the African diaspora. We're just getting started, but we're already off to a promising start with the launch of our two initial brands: souk + Sepia and simisienna. With each subsequent brand offering we strive to better serve and meet the unfulfilled needs of our expansive audience.
To achieve these extensive goals, we're looking to add talented and motivated individuals to our growing team. If this appeals to you please apply and let us know!
- As our souk + SEPIA Brand President you will have complete ownership over the souk + SEPIA balance sheet, the buck stops with you.
- You will report to and work hand-in-hand with our executive leadership and founding team, while having complete oversight over all brand decisions and direction. You will be responsible for supervising, driving and evaluating the performance of all brand managers.
- Your emphasis will be on making data driven decisions and improvements to brand performance while promoting and preserving UJUU culture across your team.
What You'll Do
- Set brand performance and financial goals and develop business strategies to reach them
- Prepare, allocate, and gain approval for department budgets
- Evaluate department’s profits and revenue, and calculate risks
- Evaluate and motivate departmental performance and individual team member performance
- Build and approve the department’s hiring plan
- Analyze our brand positioning and distill consumer insights
- Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies
- Identify and address the needs of department managers and perform administrative tasks to ensure your brand's workflow runs smoothly
- Act as the point of contact between team members and the executive leadership team
- Respond promptly to queries of managers and other internal and external stakeholders
- Suggest more efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot malfunctions
- Research and identify new business opportunities
- Seek new business tools and methods
- Collaborate with other executives and Brand Presidents to decide on business strategies
- Document, organize, and maintain company intranet and shared working spaces
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement policies and develop improvements
- Review and recommend changes to our company policies
- Ensure compliance with company policies and local, regional and federal regulations
Qualities You Possess
- Strong experience in Shopify Plus, eCommerce, Operations, Financial Planning, and Brand Building
- Strong quantitative skill set: proficient in MS Office, Google office suite and other office management systems
- Portfolio of brand-building and managing projects
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Data-driven with working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics
- Entrepreneurially minded and inclined
- Innovative and strategic mindset, an ability to independently connect dots and drive meaningful takeaways from new inputs and data
- Great understanding of business functions (Sales, Engineering, etc.)
- Demonstrable ability and proven track record in strategy-building and implementation
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Energetic, mature, empathetic and positive person who is self-driven and can work independently
- Ability to remain up-to-date with latest trends and eCommerce industry best practices
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills