New York City, NY /
UJUU – Marketing /
Founded in 2020, UJUU is an eCommerce platform and brand development studio. We endeavor to connect a global audience of underserved and underrepresented consumers to a diverse community and collection of carefully curated and vetted emerging designers and brands. We achieve this by offering elegant brand development services and eCommerce solutions across our family of brands.
Our vision is to create a best-in-class and forward-thinking shopping experience for our global community of black and brown across the African diaspora. We're just getting started, but we're already off to a promising start with the launch of our three initial brands: souk + SEPIA, simisienna and Mango Maison. With each subsequent brand offering we strive to better serve and meet the unfulfilled needs of our expansive audience.
UJUU is seeking a creative and motivated Content Creator to join our Creative team. This role will have the unique opportunity to work closely with our Marketing teams and define the next phase of social for UJUU Brands, in strengthening the voice and personality of the brand across marketing platforms.
The role reports to the Creative Lead, and supports overall key business priorities, site launches, industry moments, and partnerships initiatives. This position requires a strong creative intuition, great styling, refined design eye, and proactive approach when it comes to content creation and storytelling.
Obsessed with the fashion, style and home and understand how to consistently evolve the brand presence in the fashion world via technology, design, and content creation. You understand the importance of being a thought leader in this space, staying elevated, curated and focused on brand identity. You come to meetings with new initiatives whether it be photography, video or other out of the box brand idea and aren't afraid to challenge the norm. You thrive in a start-up style office environment with little micro-managing, yet are humble enough to know when to turn back and try something else.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with other creatives, designers, photographers, and a lot more talented colleagues.
- Conceptualize, create, edit and manage visually compelling photo and video content for UJUU Brands social and marketing platforms
- Create content specifically optimized for Facebook, Instagram (including Feed, Stories, IGTV, Lives, and Reels), YouTube, and other channels as assigned
- Work in partnership with the marketing team to develop a content calendar that supports short and long term marketing goals, and execute against it
- Stay up-to-date on new social media tools, content techniques, and best practices; monitor competitors and other social media leaders to see how we can adapt for UJUUBrand channels
- Work on multiple projects at once, you go above and beyond to push what’s possible on both a creative and technical level.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and proven experience in producing content in a digital role
- 3 or more years of relevant experience at a fashion/lifestyle brand or agency
- Well-rounded creative portfolio of work product
- Proficiency with social and digital marketing platforms, tools and analytics
- Understanding of marketing and brand strategy and ROI evaluation
- Knowledgeable about current events and cultural developments and current trends in fashion, music, entertainment, art + design, technology, and other relevant areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent proof-reading skills with an eye for detail
- Ability to successfully multitask and prioritize among running projects
- Capacity to self-manage and work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to cross-collaborate with multiple departments
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in person at our NYC office
Please submit a portfolio to be considered for this position.