Customer Experience Manager
simisienna – Customer Experience /
Founded in 2020, UJUU is an eCommerce platform and brand development studio. We endeavor to connect a global audience of underserved and underrepresented consumers to a diverse community and collection of carefully curated and vetted emerging designers and brands. We achieve this by offering elegant brand development services and eCommerce solutions across our family of brands.
Our vision is to create a best-in-class and forward-thinking shopping experience for our global community of black and brown across the African diaspora. We're just getting started, but we're already off to a promising start with the launch of our two initial brands: souk + Sepia and simisienna. With each subsequent brand offering we strive to better serve and meet the unfulfilled needs of our expansive audience.
To achieve these extensive goals, we're looking to add talented and motivated individuals to our growing team. If this appeals to you please apply and let us know!
- As our simisienna Customer Experience Manager you will be responsible for prioritizing and enhancing our customer journey beginning the moment they land on our simisienna website and other branded properties.
- You will be responsible for architecting the customer's journey from the moment they reach out for assistance through the point of sale and their post-purchase journey.
- Your primary objective will be to increase and preserve customer trust, safety, and joy of interaction with our brand and to ensure customer's have every incentive to become recurring and permanent members of the simisienna and UJUU global communities at large.
- This role is best suited for empathetic individuals who take pride and ownership in their level of care for others.
What You'll Do
- Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth
- Assume ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution
- Establish a clear mission and performance objectives and deploy strategies focused towards that mission
- Develop and maintain service procedures, policies and standards in-line with best practices and industry standards
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
- Analyze statistics and compile accurate reports
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication
- Recruit, mentor and develop customer service agents and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment
- Remain abreast and ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
- Control resources and utilize assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets
- Adhere to and manage the approved budget
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities
- Generate sales leads, drive and encourage repeat purchases
- Take the extra mile to engage customers
- Gather feedback and translate insights gleaned from daily and frequent communication with our community members across social to our marketing, customer experience, and operations teams
- Analyze and report product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users)
- Update our internal databases with information about technical issues and useful discussions with customers
Qualities You Possess
- Proven work experience as a Customer Service Manager or Retail Manager
- Familiarity with Shopify Plus platforms and eCommerce industry as a whole
- Experience in architecting and monitoring customer service support systems and departments
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications
- Ability to think strategically and to lead
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Energetic, mature, empathetic and positive person who is self-driven and can work independently
- Orientation towards service of others and an ability to manage and engage tough or divergent personalities
- Patience, perseverance, and ingenuity, especially when handling tough cases