Operations and Administrative Analyst
UJUU – Operations /
Founded in 2020, UJUU is an eCommerce platform and brand development studio. We endeavor to connect a global audience of underserved and underrepresented consumers to a diverse community and collection of carefully curated and vetted emerging designers and brands. We achieve this by offering elegant brand development services and eCommerce solutions across our family of brands.
Our vision is to create a best-in-class and forward-thinking shopping experience for our global community of black and brown across the African diaspora. We're just getting started, but we're already off to a promising start with the launch of our two initial brands: souk + Sepia and simisienna. With each subsequent brand offering we strive to better serve and meet the unfulfilled needs of our expansive audience.
To achieve these extensive goals, we're looking to add talented and motivated individuals to our growing team. If this appeals to you please apply and let us know!
- This role is highly visible. As our Operations and Administrative Analyst you will work hand in hand with our co-founder and COO as their right hand support and teammate.
- This role will also involve supporting other executive team members to extend their reach, impact, and ability to be present across each of the brands and properties in the UJUU family.
- In this role you will gain a deep understanding of the business and the inner workings that make each piece of the puzzle work in cohesion.
- This role is appropriate for highly ambitious and capable forward-thinking junior talent.
What You'll Do
- Provide high-quality administrative and clerical assistance to top-level executives
- Identify and address the needs of senior managers and perform administrative tasks to ensure our company’s workflow runs smoothly
- Act as the point of contact between executives and employees/clients
- Respond promptly to queries of managers and other internal and external stakeholders
- Suggest more efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot malfunctions
- Document, organize, and maintain company intranet and shared working spaces
- Collaborate with colleagues to implement policies and develop improvements
- Review and recommend changes to our company policies
- Make recommendations for resource allocation and budgeting
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Assume responsibility for timely reporting to senior management or regulatory agencies
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Take minutes during meetings
- Assist in other tasks (e.g. fundraising) as assigned
Qualities You Possess
- Proven experience as an administrative or operations analyst
- Solid understanding of general business functions (HR, finance etc.)
- An aptitude for learning and communication new technologies and industry developments
- Energetic, mature, empathetic and positive person who is self-driven and can work independently
- Proclivity to proactively communicate new findngs
- Initiative and a value-add mentality
- Knowledge of fiscal planning, budgeting and reporting
- Proficient in MS Office, Google office suite and other office management systems
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability in decision-making and problem-solving
- Excellent organizational and knowledge acquisition skills
- Discretion and confidentiality, especially with sensitive materials and information
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques