New York City, NY /
UJUU – Marketing /
Founded in 2020, UJUU is an eCommerce platform and brand development studio. We endeavor to connect a global audience of underserved and underrepresented consumers to a diverse community and collection of carefully curated and vetted emerging designers and brands. We achieve this by offering elegant brand development services and eCommerce solutions across our family of brands.
Our vision is to create a best-in-class and forward-thinking shopping experience for our global community of black and brown across the African diaspora. We're just getting started, but we're already off to a promising start with the launch of our two initial brands: souk + Sepia and simisienna. With each subsequent brand offering we strive to better serve and meet the unfulfilled needs of our expansive audience.
To achieve these extensive goals, we're looking to add talented and motivated individuals to our growing team. If this appeals to you please apply and let us know!
- As our studio Creative Director you will serve as the creative leader and unifying thread across the marketing, creative, and branding efforts of each of our brands.
- You will have the lead role in building out our marketing departments and will be responsible for both defining and evolving our entire aesthetic as a company and across each of our individual brands.
What You'll Do
- Archetype the visual brand identity for each UJUU brand and property
- Conceive and implement concepts, guidelines and strategies in various creative projects and oversee them to completion
- Shape brand standards and create procedures to ensure all products are brand appropriate
- Recruit, hire, direct and motivate teams of art directors, illustrators, copywriters etc. to help them use their talents effectively
- Supervise the creative team's daily workflow, assign project workload, and monitor deadlines and respective marketing budgets
- Train and guide subordinates into accomplished professionals
- Evaluate trends, assess new data and keep up-to-date with the latest marketing techniques
- Monitor results of team efforts and propose actions for the future
- Lead brainstorming/creative sessions to generate ideas
- Write and design unique and well-crafted copy that resonates and directly speaks to our UJUU community
- Revise content and presentations, approve/reject ideas, provide feedback to the team
Qualities You Possess
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Multidisciplinary creative
- Energetic, mature, empathetic and positive person who is self-driven and can work independently
- Excellent working knowledge of software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, InVision, Figma, etc
- A minimum of 5 years’ digital experience, particularly with, but not limited to designing for: web, eCommerce platforms, social and emerging technologies
- Proficient at developing branding, evaluating designs, and launching and tracking marketing campaigns
- A solid understanding of design, copy and web practices
- Have an in-depth knowledge of brand development and multichannel marketing models
- Reflective and continuously looking to learn from new inputs, experiences, and data
- Ability to assess a situation and problem-solve for a positive outcome
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally-organized