souk + SEPIA – Marketing /
Founded in 2020, UJUU is an eCommerce platform and brand development studio. We endeavor to connect a global audience of underserved and underrepresented consumers to a diverse community and collection of carefully curated and vetted emerging designers and brands. We achieve this by offering elegant brand development services and eCommerce solutions across our family of brands.
Our vision is to create a best-in-class and forward-thinking shopping experience for our global community of black and brown across the African diaspora. We're just getting started, but we're already off to a promising start with the launch of our two initial brands: souk + Sepia and simisienna. With each subsequent brand offering we strive to better serve and meet the unfulfilled needs of our expansive audience.
To achieve these extensive goals, we're looking to add talented and motivated individuals to our growing team. If this appeals to you please apply and let us know!
- As our souk + SEPIA Community Manager you will oversee our social media accounts. You will be responsible for creating original text and video content, managing posts and responding to followers. You will manage the brand image in a cohesive way across all channels to achieve our marketing and sales goals.
- You're expected to be innovative and cutting edge on all things digital: including memes, the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
- Your ultimate objective is to maintain our brand voice and sense of intimacy and familiarity with our community members while optimizing for high levels of web traffic and customer engagement.
What You'll Do
- Oversee management of Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter & TikTok properties
- Create, maintain, and update our brand social media as necessary
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Remain up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Create and distribute platform appropriate memes and playful images that capture our brand voice and aesthetic
- Responding to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists
- Gather feedback and translate insights gleaned from daily and frequent communication with our community members across social to our marketing, customer experience, and operations teams
Qualities You Possess
- Proven work experience as a community manager, particularly across socials for brands
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Ability to identify target audience preferences and trends
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Data-driven with working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Knowledge of digital technology trends
- Familiarity with web design
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Energetic, mature, empathetic and positive person who is self-driven and can work independently