People Operations Director
New York City, NY /
UJUU – HR /
Founded in 2020, UJUU is an eCommerce platform and brand development studio. We endeavor to connect a global audience of underserved and underrepresented consumers to a diverse community and collection of carefully curated and vetted emerging designers and brands. We achieve this by offering elegant brand development services and eCommerce solutions across our family of brands.
Our vision is to create a best-in-class and forward-thinking shopping experience for our global community of black and brown across the African diaspora. We're just getting started, but we're already off to a promising start with the launch of our two initial brands: souk + Sepia and simisienna. With each subsequent brand offering we strive to better serve and meet the unfulfilled needs of our expansive audience.
To achieve these extensive goals, we're looking to add talented and motivated individuals to our growing team. If this appeals to you please apply and let us know!
- As our People Operations Lead, you will be the establishing member of People Operations (HR) department. You will have a driving role in formulating and standardizing the processes guiding the entire life cycle of an employee's experience with Ujuu.
- You will touch, and have ownership over, everything from recruiting, hiring and onboarding to promoting team culture, defining benefits, conducting exit interviews and more.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with leadership to construct and manage our recruiting, hiring, and onboarding process flows
- Build, manage, and serve as the primary touchpoint for the pipeline of candidates for each respective and projected job opening within the UJUU family of brands
- Oversee our internal company intranet and shared resources center
- Establish our internal People Operations department and build internal processes for routine HR operations, such as performance reviews and exit interviews
- Support employees on a day-to-day basis and answer questions about benefits and company policies
- Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, turnover rates etc.) in the database and ensure all employment requirements are met
- Keep track of and analyze HR metrics
- Prioritize and assume the lead in coordinating team strengthening and morale building exercises
- Create and complete ad-hoc HR projects, like collection of employee feedback
- Ensure that leadership and the company overall is evolving, adapting, and incorporating feedback and lessons learned from all team member experiences
- Grow the People Operations Team as UJUU continues to expand and scale
Qualities You Possess
- Energetic, mature, empathetic and positive person who is self-driven and can work independently
- Reflective and continuously looking to learn from new inputs, experiences, and data
- Ability to assess a situation and problem-solve for a positive outcome
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally-organized
- Ability to work with high confidentiality
- Comfort with social media recruiting
- Experience with Google suite, including Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Docs
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Word and Excel
- Familiarity with, and ability to quickly learn and adjust to new and emerging HR related platforms and vendors