Blockchain Product Owner - Tallinn or Remote in Europe
Tallinn, Estonia /
R&D – Scrum /
Ultra is launching an innovative PC gaming platform, and ultimately a full entertainment ecosystem.
Our goal is to unify the fragmented gaming industry around one platform. Ultra aggregates all gamers’ activities in one place: from buying, playing and reselling games, to accessing live-streaming platforms, tournaments, reviews and contests, as well as interacting with communities and brands. Our team is currently composed of 90+ full-time members, working across 5 continents.
To learn more, visit our website: https://ultra.io/
Ultra is looking for an experienced PO with a technical background to join our growing Blockchain team. This role requires strong prioritisation and communication skills, and a team-oriented mindset. We use a hybrid mode of Agile at scale, working with squads and chapters. Under the supervision of Ultra's CTO, you will start by working closely with the other blockchain PO. Then you will take ownership of a squad and their backlog and development process.The Ultra team is distributed on a global level, and some of the work will be done asynchronously.
You have demonstrated experience as a Product Owner with a SAAS, or dev tooling product. You also have previous experience as a software engineer or in a technical role.You are organised, with an eye for detail, familiar with the challenges a fast-paced and innovative tech startup is facing. You are empathetic, a team player and great communicator. You are a problem-solver, reliable and a critical thinker.
- 3-5 years product owner experience
- 2+ years of experience as a technical project manager or engineer
- Fluent in English
- Solid experience with SCRUM
- Ability to work with stakeholders across all levels of the organization including operations, development and executives
- You thrive in a fast-paced and growing environment
- Experience with products aimed at creating tools and technologies for developers, B2B or SAAS
- Detail-oriented, excellent written and verbal communication skills, team oriented mindset
- Experience working within a globally distributed team
It's great (but not necessary) if you also have:
- Domain expertise in the video game industry, platform, mobile applications or blockchain
- Experience as the PO for a blockchain and / or data project
- Scrum Certification
- Start up experience
What you will do:
- Your challenges
- Ultra's staff & stakeholders are located all around the world; with more than 7 different time zones and 34+ countries, collaborating efficiently with will be a great challenge, and the key to your - and your team's - success
- Ultra could be considered as a multitude of smaller products, each having its own team and users. Your ability to advise and communicate with multiple teams simultaneously will help us deliver the best platform to all our users
- Ultra is a fast-growing startup: you will have to adapt and thrive in our dynamic and ever-innovative environment
- Collaborate with the team to organise the backlog
- Help set direction and prioritise features based on product managers and stakeholders input and feedback
- Own the product execution, product backlog and user experience
- Write user stories and organise the product backlog
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, developers, designers, support, QA...
- Participate in Backlog grooming, daily meetings, retrospectives and sprint reviews
- Give feedback, demos, presentations
- Leverage tools such as Jira, Confluence, Miro and ProductBoard to plan and communicate, and give updates to stakeholders and engineering teams
- At Ultra, you will:
- Have the opportunity to join one of the most innovative blockchain projects
- Benefit from our flexible, full-remote organisation
- Have a lot of autonomy to put into practice what you know, what you learn, and to share and implement your ideas
- Work with passionate engineers, product managers, testers... in a multicultural environment
- If we select your application, you will start our interview process:
- Meet a Recruiter
- Take our Test Case
- Meet Anna and Nicolas (Product Managers)
- Meet Igor (Blockchain Engineer) and Yulia (Blockchain Product Manager)
🌈 Ultra is a true international company currently spread across the globe (Estonia, Belgium, France, Portugal, South Africa, USA, China, Australia…). We thrive off diverse perspectives! We recognize that diversity has different aspects: gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnic origin, social, age, lifestyle, and more! We're committed to giving equal opportunities, and fostering a culture where everyone is heard and feels a sense of belonging.