Consolidation Manager, Finance
Ultragenyx – Finance
Why Join Us?
Ultragenyx is a clinical stage biotechnology company committed to bringing to market novel products for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare diseases with an initial focus on serious debilitating metabolic genetic diseases. Founded in 2010, the company has rapidly built a diverse portfolio of both large and small molecule candidates with the potential to address diseases for which the unmet medical need is high, the biology for treatment is clear, and for which there are no approved therapies.
Come join our team during this exciting time of growth and opportunities!
While our headquarters are in Novato, CA, 25 miles north of San Francisco, this position will be based in our office in Brisbane, CA, 10 miles south of San Francisco
Reporting to the Director, Accounting Operations, the Consolidation Manager provides support and assists with the coordination of the financial accounting and reporting activities for operations across all of the Company’s global entities. Consolidation Manager will be responsible for all general ledger accounting transactions booked out of the U.S. corporate headquarters, including: operational accruals, intercompany pass down entries, reclassifications and intercompany tax entries. This role will also oversee the generation, approval and settlement of intercompany invoices. Additionally, this role will manage the Oracle consolidation process as part of the monthly accounting close. The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter with the ability to execute efficiently on day-to-day business while proactively developing process optimization ideas and strategies.
- Responsible for accounting activities related to the operations of the company’s global subsidiaries
- Prepare financial data and global entities’ ledgers for purposes of financial reporting and analysis
- Prepare financial reports as needed for statutory, banking and other purposes
- Support inter-company accounting activities on multiple entities
- Oversee the Oracle consolidation process
- Transact, analyze and report on foreign currency matters
- Maintain the integrity of the internal control environment (SOX) and provide support when required
- Support external and internal auditors on requests related to the global accounting function at both the corporate and local levels
- Support the Financial Planning & Analysis function on analyses and research related to the global accounting function
- Provide supporting documentation and analyses to support the SEC reporting function
- Develop and enhance critical processes and help implement policy changes as necessary
- Other accounting duties and ad hoc projects as required
- BS or BA in Accounting
- CPA and/or public audit experience a plus
- 5 years’ relevant international accounting experience
- Experience in Oracle R12 strongly desired
- Excellent analytical skills, including significant relevant experience with financial consolidations and reporting for multi-divisional entities
- Must have strong understanding of complex accounting areas related to International operations such as foreign currency matters and accounting for inter-company transactions
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Experience in biotechnology or pharmaceutical environment a plus
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.