Paralegal - Contracts
Ultragenyx – Legal
Why Join Us?
Ultragenyx is a clinical stage biotechnology company committed to bringing to market novel products for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare diseases with an initial focus on serious debilitating metabolic genetic diseases. Founded in 2010, the company has rapidly built a diverse portfolio of both large and small molecule candidates with the potential to address diseases for which the unmet medical need is high, the biology for treatment is clear, and for which there are no approved therapies.
Come join our team during this exciting time of growth and opportunities!
We are headquartered in Novato, CA, 25 miles north of San Francisco, and we also have an office in Brisbane, CA, 10 miles south of San Francisco, and Basel, Switzerland. This position is located in Novato, CA
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Collaborating with business functions to draft and negotiate a wide variety of contracts
- Management of contract template processes, including systematic reviews of templates and playbooks, and incorporation of best contracting practices and provisions
- Works with Legal attorneys, Compliance and other business functions to ensure that templates are in compliance with legal requirements and best practices
- Works on other legal projects as needed
- 5+ years of direct contract experience, preferably in the Biotech / Pharmaceutical Industry
- Strong contract drafting,negotiating and analytical skills
- A dynamic self-starter with a positive attitude and strong influencing skills
- Ability to work successfully towards strict deadlines,as well as independently on multiple,simultaneous assignments
- A demonstrated ability to lead change
- Good judgment in working with clients,and occasionally under ambiguous or challenging circumstances
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience with Contract Management systems
- PC literacy required; MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal certification
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.