Associate Director, Program Management
Ultragenyx - Gene Therapy – Gene Therapy - Program & Portfolio Management
Why Join Us?
Ultragenyx is a clinical stage biotechnology company committed to bringing to market novel products for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare diseases with an initial focus on serious debilitating metabolic genetic diseases. Founded in 2010, the company has rapidly built a diverse portfolio of both large and small molecule candidates with the potential to address diseases for which the unmet medical need is high, the biology for treatment is clear, and for which there are no approved therapies.
With the company’s recent acquisition of Dimension Therapeutics, the Ultragenyx Gene Therapy division was established. The Ultragenyx Gene Therapy division is headquartered in Cambridge, MA. We are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion for developing novel therapies to treat rare diseases and advancing the field of gene therapy.
Ultragenyx Gene Therapy is looking for a Sr. Program Manager/Associate Director with a passion to develop great medicines for rare and ultra-rare diseases. The individual will be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. The successful candidate will be ready for a career defining experience and have the passion to drive a number of therapeutics for devastating diseases to final approval and launch.
The individual will have the responsibility to drive cross-functional program teams to achieve program milestones and goals. Individual will have excellent project management skills and the ability to build strong rapport across functions. The successful candidate will have the ability to lead parts of a program independently under the guidance of Program Leads.
This position will initially report to the Site Leader, Ultragenyx Gene Therapy, and will be responsible for managing one to two programs depending on the stage and scope of a program.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Support the program team to develop, maintain and execute the integrated development strategy for one or more gene therapy programs.
- Develop the cross-functional plans together including realistic but aggressive timelines, budget and resources planning, risk assessment and contingency planning.
- Ensure cross-functional alignment and organizational support for the execution of the program plan by facilitating internal and external stakeholder meetings. Driving the team to ‘out-of-box” thinking and creative issue resolution.
- Drive objective setting process.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking the project against approved timelines and milestones, and ensures adherence to agreed-upon team objectives and deliverables.
- Manage prioritization of project team activities to enhance program value.
- Act as spokesperson for the program, and may represent program internally and externally.
- Responsible for comprehensiveness and quality of program information in the internal systems, databases, and communication to Senior Management and program team
- Identify bottlenecks, surface issues, and proactively drive for their resolution. Leads contingency planning efforts.
- Leads ad-hoc cross-functional task forces as needed aiming at issue resolution.
- Manage and track implementation of publication and ad board planning
- Ensurs effective, proactive and open communications, horizontally and vertically, in order to achieve transparency and clarity of program goals, progress and issues.
- Support Business Development in in-licensing activities and Alliance Management
- Participate in functional initiatives, as needed
- Required Bachelor of Science degree with 5 years industry experience or Master of Science degree with minimum 2 years of industry experience
- At least 2 years equivalent multi-/ cross-functional leadership experience
- Project Management, cross-functional team and relationship skills
- Previous work and leadership experience in international and multidisciplinary drug development teams and broad operational experience with an understanding of drug development process
- Advanced level of basic science. Experience working in genetic, rare diseases preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory and business requirements.
- Understanding of basic financial aspects, including knowledge of resource planning (headcount and budget) and management
- Ability to critically and objectively interpret and evaluate scientific and competitive, business related information.
- Experience with managing and communicating with external partners with demonstrated collaborative ability.
- Possess solid leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for bridging science and the business, , negotiating timelines and effective collaboration. Strong verbal communication. Expert in written communications.
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.