Temporary Scientific/Research Recruiter
Ultragenyx - Gene Therapy – Gene Therapy - Program & Portfolio Management
Why Join Us?
Ultragenyx is a clinical stage biotechnology company committed to bringing to market novel products for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare diseases with an initial focus on serious debilitating metabolic genetic diseases. Founded in 2010, the company has rapidly built a diverse portfolio of both large and small molecule candidates with the potential to address diseases for which the unmet medical need is high, the biology for treatment is clear, and for which there are no approved therapies.
With the company’s recent acquisition of Dimension Therapeutics, the Ultragenyx Gene Therapy division was established. The Ultragenyx Gene Therapy division is headquartered in Cambridge, MA. We are looking for exceptional individuals who share our passion for developing novel therapies to treat rare diseases and advancing the field of gene therapy.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success filling Scientific and Research roles within fast-paced biotechnology and life sciences organizations. The successful candidate will be a proactive, driven, high-performer who is exceptionally well-organized, has strong written and verbal communication skills, and is able to effectively multi-task and manage constantly shifting priorities.
Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Develop strong partnerships with hiring managers and HR to ensure the right talent is being identified and hired.
- Partner with hiring managers to discuss job requirements and applicant qualifications; interview applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Work closely with hiring managers and team to respond proactively to various recruitment needs.
- Manage candidate application and interviewing process and act as a candidate advocate ensuring a positive interviewing process.
- Screen all candidates by reviewing resumes and conducting phone interviews, in-person interviews.
- Coordinate and schedule pre-screening Skype or phone interviews.
- Ensure hiring manager and interviewer preparedness during the interview process, as well as ensuring interviews are conducted consistently, efficiently and professionally.
- Work to ensure a pool of best-fit, highest qualified individuals.
- Assist with the offer and onboarding process within the Applicant Tracking System (Lever).
- BA or BS degree
- Minimum of 3 years full life cycle recruitment experience is required in the biotech/ life sciences industry.
- Experience sourcing candidates from all levels.
- Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Results oriented mindset (high sense of urgency, determination, tenacity, etc.).
- Detail-oriented and able to work well independently.
- Excellent negotiation skills coupled with strong ability to handle objections effectively.
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with internet research and social media branding.
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status.