Senior Data Quality Analyst
Data Quality Analyst /
Passive Recruitment Note:
Thank you for being so interested in our company. Although we are not hiring for this role, we will resume recruitment in 2023. If you would like to be considered for the position, we encourage you to complete the initial application, and we will notify you as soon as we begin active recruitment. Additionally, you can reach out to our recruitment team at email@example.com with your name, contact information, and a brief description of the role you are interested in pursuing.
Please note that all Ultranauts positions require U.S. or Canadian citizenship or Green Card/Permanent Resident status. Thank you again for your interest, and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Founded by two MIT engineers in 2013, Ultranauts is an onshore quality engineering firm powered by cognitively diverse teams. We offer a broad suite of software and data quality services with specialized capabilities in test automation for software and data pipelines, advanced analytics, and accessibility. Ultranauts has been named a Fast Company World Changing Idea, MIT SOLVE Challenge winner, and Interbrand Breakthrough Brand. Our clients include a wide range of F500 enterprises, cutting-edge technology companies, and top-tier digital agencies. Ultranauts helps clients develop strategies to build quality into their processes and pipelines to enhance business value. Our quality engineering teams deliver manual and automated tests for new development, data management, and data science. Ultranauts is a 100% virtual company; all our team members work from home throughout the United States (except Hawaii, due to time zone differences) and Canada. Candidates are not required to travel to an office during the hiring process, and once hired, Ultranauts team members will not be required to travel at any point during their employment.
Neurodivergent (autistic, ADHD, dyslexic, etc...) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Ultranauts will be hiring full-time, remote Senior Data Quality Analysts later this year to join our Data Quality Engineering team and be part of a high-growth, high-impact services organization. The Ultranauts Data Quality Engineering team helps our clients articulate how data contributes to business value, identifies data quality issues, and implements solutions to verify, validate, and monitor data quality.
Senior Data Quality Analysts are responsible for researching and documenting the usage and specifications of the datasets under consideration in collaboration with the Ultranauts team and the client. Typical deliverables include Data Stories, Governance Assessments, Data Dictionaries, Catalogs, and Business Glossaries as required by the client. Senior Data Quality Analysts do not need to write code but should be able to execute simple SQL queries and simple data profiling in R or Python after training.
Senior Data Quality Analysts work on either one large project or up to three smaller projects in parallel in teams of various sizes and contribute to the team’s success by defining a solution approach with Engineers and Managers and delivering a high-quality work product. As a member of the Ultranauts team, Senior Data Quality Analysts need to be comfortable in a role that requires constant learning, maintaining regular communication with team members, working collaboratively in an agile environment, adapting to changing circumstances, and modeling Ultranauts’ core values of respect and excellence.
- Lead efforts to understand the Key Business Questions asked by end users of Data Systems for each Data Source. Conduct interviews and research existing documentation, manifests, user guides, confluence, etc., to fill in knowledge gaps about how data flows through a system.
- Understand how to apply this knowledge towards the creation of data maps with governance context and the design of data dictionaries and catalogs.
- Collaborate with the client and Data Quality Engineers to define relevant data quality dimensions.
- Assist Data Quality Engineers with creating Test Plans.
- Collaborate with the Data Quality Engineering team and the Engagement Manager to create presentations and final deliverables.
- Understand the relationship between project activities, project outcomes, and business value. This requires knowing enough about the technical aspects of the solution strategy and deliverables to support the team in client interactions effectively.
- Contribute to the growth of the Data Quality Engineering practice by sharing knowledge and lessons learned from engagements, continually improving best practices, and contributing to methods that will systematically advance workforce capabilities.
- Contribute to building a Universal Workplace where cognitively diverse teams can thrive and model the organization’s positive, supportive culture of respect and excellence.
- Direct experience with any or all of the following: data quality, data management, data governance, analytics, business intelligence, dashboards or reporting, data science, and/or data-intensive software development projects (including exposure to and familiarity with the technologies and tools)
- Demonstrated familiarity with concepts and terminology used for data quality and data management.
- Ability to effectively coordinate and collaborate with data quality engineers, launch team members, and other internal subject matter experts to successfully leverage and continually improve Ultranauts tools, processes, and resources
- Aptitude for becoming familiar with new tools and technologies
- Ability to work independently as well as in a remote, team environment; ability to work effectively and collaboratively within your team, participating inSCRUM/agile and other meetings
- Ability to communicate frequently and openly with leads and team members (non-speaking team members can communicate via text)
- Familiarity with Excel
- Basic proficiency with R, Python, and or SQL
- Basic proficiency with Great Expectations (highly desired)
- Familiarity with data quality and data management products such as Informatica, Alteryx, etc.
Key Position Benefits
- The chance to work with talented and motivated colleagues
- The opportunity to contribute to a fast-growing, innovative, mission-driven company
- Focus on continuous learning and career growth
- Support for team well-being and mental health
- Flexibility is the norm and a 100% remote team
- Inclusive workplace practices such as Inclusive Agile
- Company-funded health insurance and life coaching
Neurodivergent (autistic, ADHD, dyslexic, etc...) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
For more information about the recruitment process, please review this Recruitment Overview document.