Sr. Android Developer 1
Mexico City, Mexico /
Our mission is to make banking free across Africa, empowering our customers to control their financial lives by ensuring financial services are affordable, efficient, and widely available.
We are pursuing a once-in-a-generation opportunity to revolutionize financial services in Africa-lowering the cost and increasing the reach of banking while serving the next billion mobile consumers that are coming online
We are passionately customer-centric, delivering mobile banking with an exceptional user experience. We leverage advanced machine learning to allow us to create intelligent, affordable financial products for emerging markets where credit is not widely available
Headquartered in San Francisco, and growing rapidly in Mexico, Nigeria, and Kenya-Umba launched in the Nigerian market and is expanding quickly into additional markets. We offer a broad range of digital banking products to our customers through Android and iOS apps and have a culture of exceeding customer expectations which have generated explosive growth.
We are looking for exceptional talent but also for people that share our vision, drive, and sense of mission. Come join us to build the biggest neo-bank in Africa.
Umba is looking for a strong Software Engineer candidate with Android experience. This role will be responsible for building and updating our Android application.
- 5+ years of experience with Android basic components (Activity, Fragment, Intent, Service, BroadcastReceiver, ContentProvider)
- Develop and deliver new product features for our Android application
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Work across both technical and business-focused teams to deliver value to our users
- Review pull requests of others
- Deploy Beta versions for testing and work closely with QAs
- Deploy final versions to Google Play Store
- Measuring UI/App performance
Skills and Qualifications
- Basic UI components (mostly from Material Design)Toolbar, ViewPager, RecyclerView, CardView, Floating Action Button, Navigation Drawer, BottomBar, CoordinatorLayout
- Build tools Gradle
- Most popular libraries: Support library, Google Play Services, Retrofit, rxJava, rxAndroid
- Kotlin (must have)
- Agile mythologies
- RX, Dagger, Custom Views.
- Unit Test
- Room database
- Advanced English required
Nice to have
- Have published one or more Android apps in the app store.
- Experience writing multi-threaded applications.
- Deep network of contacts amongst banking, mobile money, payments, and eCommerce companies
- Familiarity with tech-enabled credit or payments products and the general fintech landscape
- Experience working with remote teams
- Valid work authorization for Mexico
- Umba is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled