Senior Web Application Crafter
Engineering – Web /
Umbrage delivers cutting-edge software solutions by leveraging advanced trends and designs in technology. We are not a consultancy nor a design agency; we are artisans in designing and developing software solutions for our clients. Our focus is crafting state of the art digital products with impeccable design coupled with source code engineering.
Open communication is the foundation of our culture. We share ideas freely and understand that our cumulative experience and continued development nurtures excellence in our software solutions.
We are looking for a senior engineer to lead and grow our engineering teams and help us build great products. Ideally, with 3-5 years of experience building software. To be successful in this role, you should be confident leading small teams of engineers executing on projects. You will be actively involved in developing new products, identifying requirements, setting timelines, and implementing.
- You write code that is consistent aligned with architecture best practice, easily testable, understood by other developers and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- You use systematic debugging and diagnose cross-service issues.
- You approach all your work with a security lens, and you actively seek out security vulnerabilities.
- You continuously strive to strengthen your understanding of best practices.
- You ensure that tasks are prioritize and dependencies are noted.
- You commit to a realistic amount of work, and you understand and deliver your work based on priority and urgency. You anticipate and communicate blockers, delays and unexpected costs and avoid unnecessary escalation of issues. You clearly communicate expectations to team members.
- You think critically of the team’s product and technical design, practices and processes and offer regular suggestions for improvement.
Feedback, Communication and Collaboration
- You communicate technical and non-technical information, verbally and in writing, clearly and concisely, adjusting for your audience as needed.
- You facilitate team discussions ensuring participation by all members.
- You manage team meetings effectively, achieving the stated goals.
- You are accountable for your work, solicit and help when needed and give credit where due.
- You seek out opportunities to teach and mentor teammates.
- You are strongly oriented toward completing goals, your own and those of the team.
- You are engaged and contribute to a positive and productive work environment for all team members.
- You understand that no duty is too big or too small and you commit to getting the job done, right.
Education, Experience and Key Skills
- You have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a technical field or the equivalent experience.
- You are recognized as a team leader.
- Experience in GO and Python are preferred.
Umbrage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions regarding employment shall be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state or local laws.