Engineering – iOS /
Umbrage delivers cutting-edge software solutions by leveraging advanced trends and designs in technology. We are not a consultancy nor a design agency; we are artisans in designing and developing software solutions for our clients. Our focus is crafting state of the art digital products with impeccable design coupled with source code engineering.
Open communication is the foundation of our culture. We share ideas freely and understand that our cumulative experience and continued development nurtures excellence in our software solutions.
- You write code that is easily testable, understood by other developers and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- You write unit and higher-level tests.
- You use a systematic approach to debugging.
- You design functions that are aligned with the overall service architecture.
- You prioritize security.
- You commit to a realistic amount of work, communicate priority and urgency to the team and deliver on your commitments. You manage roadblocks and communicate risks as needed.
- You actively participate in team meetings and provide updates on your tasks.
- You deliver your projects with a sense of urgency.
- You make decisions based on an assessment of the cost/value.
Feedback, Communication and Collaboration
- You actively solicit feedback from teammates and use the feedback as a tool for growth.
- You offer constructive feedback both appropriate and professionally.
- You handle disagreement professionally and remain open to the ideas/opinions of others.
- You foster effective communication, actively listening, paying attention to nonverbal cues, and confirming understanding.
- You are accountable for your work, solicit assistance when needed and give credit where due.
- You seek mentorship to grow your experience, and where appropriate, act as a mentor to teammates.
- You cultivate relationships that establish mutual trust and respect.
- You are engaged and contribute to a positive and productive work environment for all team members.
- You understand that no duty is too big or too small and you commit to getting the job done, right.
Education, Experience and Key Skills
- You have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a technical field or the equivalent experience.
- You have demonstrated your ability to be a reliable individual contributor to an engineering team.
Umbrage is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions regarding employment shall be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, disability status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other basis as protected by federal, state or local laws.