Data Analyst for Unacast Turbine
Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?*
*Unacast is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage you to apply
We’re hiring! We are now looking for Data Analysts to join us in our Oslo offices.
We are hiring a Data Analyst to strengthen our Turbine team. Our team Turbine works with Telcos from all over the world to transform their raw antenna data to valuable location insights. As a Data Analyst at Unacast, your main tasks will be to analyze and visualize data, provide insights to product development initiatives, and to empower Unacast to improve its data quality and make better data-driven decisions in general. Your role will actively contribute in tailoring our offerings to fit our the client needs, through deep understanding of use individual cases and the capabilities of the core platform.
You will work in a cross-functional team consisting of engineers, product managers, and sales representatives. Your main hub will be at our spectacular Oslo offices, but you are free to work from anywhere you want as long as you get things done. When travel is again possible, we'll have round tables with our US colleagues face to face at least once a year.
We run our technical stack on Google Cloud, and you will get the chance to work with Google’s cutting-edge technology, like BigQuery, Airflow and DataFlow, to process, store and understand data. We're not demanding that you have a lot of experience with them, all we ask is that you are willing to learn something new every day.
To us, innovation is the ability to tackle the challenges we don't currently know we have before someone else does it. For that reason, we acknowledge that we need a diverse team with different background and experience. If you feel that your knowledge can help us get to the next level, we'd love to speak to you.
- Help our clients get the most of Turbine, meaning adding new features to the products, answering questions and requests, visualize findings, execute training sessions and ensure the product continues to hold the highest standard in the market
- Assists the ongoing expansion of Turbine to new clients, by performing data sample analysis, gathering the necessary data, and contributing to the implementation
- Experiment with what cool new products we could build or novel ways to visualize the data
- Join the Data Scientist and Data Engineers on the team in their projects and have a direct impact on the further development of one of the leading location data processing platforms in the world
- Background i mathematics, statistics or other calculation heavy domain
- Coding skills for data transformation and analysis using languages such as SQL, Python, R, or other
- Ideally experience with data visualization and data visualization tools
- Passionate about working with data and understanding how it can be applied to real world problems
- Flexibility in terms of work location. We only expect you to be two days a week at the office (Monday and Tuesday), the rest is up to you
- Six weeks of vacation
- Free socks! (We have a no-shoes policy in our offices)
- A flat team-based structure with ambitious and diverse colleagues from all over the world
- Great opportunities for personal and professional development
- Competitive salary, insurance and pension schemes
- Treatment insurance
- Subsidized gym
- A central and modern office located in the middle of Karl Johan, with free lunch and a stocked fridge!
- A great place to work for parents
- Parental leave covered above 6G
- 2 week paternity leave covered in relation to birth
- Flexible work hours
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, retail, real-estate, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
To help understand the impact of COVID-19, we have released many public dashboards and datasets to better act on both the health crisis and the economic crisis.
Unacast is a leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised over $50m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Our company values are deeply embedded into everything we are and everything we do:
Be your own CEO: Everyone at Unacast can and is expected to take charge of their own situation, and make sure the company as a whole moves forward. Waiting for some feedback? Go get it! Want something done? Do it!
Trust through transparency: Dare to be vulnerable and show ourselves and the world who we really are. The trust we build through transparency will help to lift us all higher than we can rise alone.
Have fun, seriously: Create an unexpected moment that surprises and delights team members and partners. Everyone needs fun in their life, especially while doing something important.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/