Director Business Development
Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?
These are exciting times! Unacast recently launched a brand new Platform as a Product (PaaS) and this is your opportunity to spearhead the growth of those products as the first commercial hire outside our home market in the US.
Your task is simple but hard: As a skilled Business Developer you will from our Oslo office develop and manage new client relationships for this new data product. You’ll mainly focus on Europe first, but both the US and Asia will be within your scope of future growth.
We have raised close to $30m in venture already and are now in a scaling phase with all the difficulties and excitement that comes with such rapid growth. Therefore, we require you to be both creative and structured - and we know that is not a common combination.
The ideal candidate will have experience in business development, as well as skills related to strategic analysis and marketing.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing relationships with our clients, engage in product processes to perfect product/market fit, and negotiate contracts and close deals. Some travel throughout Europe is to be expected for this position, and perhaps also beyond.
It’s a huge plus if you have experience from, or a highly-tuned understanding of, the telecom industry.
Lastly, you have to love and embrace change!
- Lead and develop a growth strategy to expand our new Platform as a Service product, called Turbine, to multiple clients in industries such as telco, media, and data companies
- Evangelize Turbine to the market through conferences, public speaking and marketing efforts
- Identify potential clients in the target market and potential future markets and complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s business and software needs
- Partner with our sales and marketing team to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms to stakeholders
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to ensure contracted product specifications are executed on-time and as agreed
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Master or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in data/insights-related field
- Demonstrated achievement in business development for B2B, ideally from new product types and innovation projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations
- Innovation and problem-solving skills that include the ability to develop and propose software-based solutions for clients
- Basic understanding of data/insights-related products and/or the telecom industry, with the desire and ability to become a subject matter expert on the job
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
Unacast is leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised close to $25m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/