New York, New York
With VC funding, Unacast has opened offices in Oslo and NYC, and been featured in everything from Fast Company to Venturebeat and Business Insider. We were named «10 Northern European Startups To Follow In 2016» and also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Recently Inc. Magazine covered us as “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We are hiring a Product Manager to help lead Unacast forward in building a first of its kind Proximity Data Platform. As a Product Manager at Unacast, you will help drive a data-first culture across the company working with our teams located in both New York City and Oslo, Norway. Your main tasks will be to help spec and prioritize the product roadmap, along with leading the product life cycle from ideation to release. Your role will actively contribute in improving existing and new products, ensuring high data quality on both the supply and demand side, data evaluation, fraud detection, and incorporation of new data sources.
You will work in a cross-functional team consisting of engineers, data scientists, and sales representatives. Your main hub will be at our Manhattan offices, but you are free to work from anywhere you want as long as you get things done. You’ll also have the opportunity to work out of our Oslo, Norway offices for periods of time, and you can expect to travel there at least a couple of times every year.
Our current product development process most closely resembles an Agile Framework, but it is tailored to specifically meet our internal structure and culture. Your leadership will help guide us in improving and refining this process as we execute against our exponential growth.
To us, innovation is the ability to tackle the challenges we don't currently know we have before someone else does it. For that reason, we acknowledge that we need a diverse team with different background and experience. If you feel that your knowledge can help us get to the next level, we'd love to speak to you.
- Help define and lead the strategic direction of the company by applying your knowledge and learnings towards where the company focuses its time and resources.
- Own and execute the day-to-day work for driving the overall product roadmap (write stories, run stand-ups etc.)
- Work closely with our Data Scientists and Engineers to write and plan our individual product initiatives.
- Collaborate with our marketing teams on positioning/launch strategies
- Communicate ideas, results and findings to clients, partners, and internally
- 1+ years in a product development or related role
- An ability to understand basics of writing code, without a need to be a developer.
- Experience with data visualization and data visualization tools is a plus.
- Experience working with Big Data is a plus.
- Experience using mobile device location data is a plus.
Who is Unacast?
Data has quickly become the new oil in many industries. Verified and actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as advertising technology, research, finance, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
Unacast is a data company and the leader in location and proximity data, Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph™ - designing products that merge proximity data with other existing data, such as GPS data.
Through Unacast our customers can easily tap into the growing amount of accurate location data derived from physical data on a global scale. We provide real-time insights to power physical and digital communication between brands, retailers and end users, and reduce noise in order to give our customers a better understanding of the physical world.