Senior Product Marketing Manager
New York, New York
Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?
Product Marketing at Unacast requires an understanding of the marketplace and its players, and also ensuring our complex location data products are communicated in a clear manner to the marketplace. In other words, you will take something complex to something simple - a difficult task indeed.
On the input side, Product Marketing assists product development with market intelligence, competitive analysis, product value mapping, and feature prioritization. On the output side, Product Marketing drives product success with market strategy, product positioning, collateral design, pricing, sales enablement, and external communication.
You will be teaching our customers - and our industry - about how location data fundamentally changes most industries - from marketing to city planning.
You will be the first product marketer at Unacast and work closely with our product, sales, and engineering teams, reporting to the Sr. Director of Marketing. You will both deal with the important day-to-day tasks as well as build out the product marketing strategy and ready the product marketing division for further growth. We recognize that this is a difficult positions to hire for, and that we ask for a lot, but we believe you are out there and that you are ready for this particular challenge.
Some keywords about the position
- Understand and document our buyer's process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn
- Market Intelligence — Become an expert on industries that could find value in our products. Develop and own Unacast's market segmentation
- Competitive Intelligence — Be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned against our market segments
- Sales Support — Build pre-sales material that showcases various aspects of our data products
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- +5 years in product marketing with an emphasis on B2B tech products
- Demonstrated success in product launches and end-to-end execution of product marketing strategies and life-cycle management
- Experience working with data/BI teams
- Excellent writing skills - our data products have diverse and at times complex value propositions. Being able to message this effectively to a variety of audiences (from the general to the sophisticated) is crucial
- Strong grasp of basic design and layout principles, and commitment to excellent output
- Excellent communication skills
- Competences in Excel, Powerpoint, Google Docs, and the Adobe suite
- Ability to quickly learn from different industries and use-cases
Nice to haves
- Experience from marketing data products
- Experience from high-growth and/or fast-changing companies
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
Unacast is leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised close to $25m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/