Director Client Success (East coast/remote friendly)
New York, New York /
Client Success /
Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?*
*Unacast is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage you to apply
We are now looking for a Director of Client Success
With complex and evolving technology products, clients need ongoing help to adapt and realize value. When a new client signs with Unacast, it’s only the start of the value exchange between the two. Most of the mutual value accrues over time as the customer benefits and continues to explore additional products to purchase & leverage for their business
One of Unacast’s differentiators in the space is ongoing customer care and growth. This is why we use the term Client Success versus Account Management. A Director of Client Success leads our strategy to develop successful client relationships and gain trust through product knowledge. The important thing to note is that the Director of Client Success is never content with the client’s satisfaction
The Director of Client Success leads their team to successfully straddle the gap between company interest and customer interest and between product expertise and customer insight. When implemented correctly, the Client Success Team at Unacast has proven to be a powerful growth engine. By not having a “sales title”, the focus shifts from “win the customer”, to “show the customer the path to value.” As the Client Success team earn trust, clients invite them to participate in more internal conversations. This gives them insights for recommending a path to value, regardless of whether that path includes additional revenue.
- The Director of Client Success is responsible for the development and maintenance of all client-business relationships. They must successfully lead a team of Client Success Managers and ensure each CSM has the tools they need to be successful and to effectively build relationships with their clients
- The Director of Client Success must have a strong understanding of Unacast’s data products and knowledge of the competition. They must be ready to develop creative and collaborate solutions for existing clients
- They will be tasked with oversight of all client renewals and expansion and the achievement of company-wide partnership goals
- The Director of Client Success must be willing to bring ideas to clients and always keep the client educated on all Unacast product updates & innovations. They should be willing to advocate for the client internally when there are specific product enhancements that should land on the company roadmap
- They must ensure that clients are satisfied with the company at all times and will bring in repeated business by resolving any outstanding issues. The Director of Client Success should be engaging with clients daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly. The line of conversation should never cease and on-site training and marketing collaborations are a large part of client relationships at Unacast
- The Client Success Team has its hands in all aspects of the Unacast business. A full understanding of client billing, data integrations, product roadmap, marketing initiatives, data privacy, & much more are necessary to thrive in the role. As advisers, the Client Success Team must leverage their knowledge of company offerings and the customer’s business. The Director of Client Success must serve as a liaison between a company and its clients, ensuring excellent customer service and client satisfaction
- Two of the most important values of Unacast are honesty & professionalism. The Client Success Team is the face of the company, therefore all deliverables & external interactions are held to an extremely high standard (emails, presentations, phone calls, conferences, business dinners, etc.) In this role, you must be professional, formal, trustworthy, hardworking, organized, and motivated
- At Unacast, Director of Client Success performance metrics include: Client Retention, Client Engagement, Product Knowledge, & Client Satisfaction. When the Director performs at a high level across these metrics, incentive plans begin to roll out tied to contract renewals & product upsells
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar role in the Tech Industry
- Experience managing a client success team responsible for revenue retention and revenue growth
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills, as well as solid presentation skills
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, retail, real-estate, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
To help understand the impact of COVID-19, we have released many public dashboards and datasets to better act on both the health crisis and the economic crisis.
Unacast is a leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised over $50m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Our company values are deeply embedded into everything we are and everything we do:
Be your own CEO: Everyone at Unacast can and is expected to take charge of their own situation, and make sure the company as a whole moves forward. Waiting for some feedback? Go get it! Want something done? Do it!
Trust through transparency: Dare to be vulnerable and show ourselves and the world who we really are. The trust we build through transparency will help to lift us all higher than we can rise alone.
Have fun, seriously: Create an unexpected moment that surprises and delights team members and partners. Everyone needs fun in their life, especially while doing something important.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/