Oslo, Norway /
Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?*
*Unacast is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage you to apply
We’re hiring! We are now looking for a Data Scientist to join us in our Oslo offices.
We are hiring a Data Scientist to strengthen our analytics and product development capabilities. As a Data Scientist at Unacast, you will help drive a data-first culture across the company. Your main tasks will be to analyze and visualize data, provide insights to product development initiatives, and to empower Unacast to improve its data quality and make better data-driven decisions in general. Your role will actively contribute in improve existing and new products, ensuring high data quality on both supply and demand side, data scoring, fraud detection, and incorporation of new data sources.
You will work in a cross-functional team consisting of engineers, product managers, and sales representatives. Your main hub will be at our spectacular Oslo offices, but you are free to work from anywhere you want as long as you get things done. When travel is again possible, we'll have round tables with our US colleagues face to face at least once a year.
We run our technical stack on Google Cloud, and you will get the chance to work with Google’s cutting-edge technology, like BigQuery and DataFlow, to process, store and understand data. We're not demanding that you have a lot of experience with them, all we ask is that you are willing to learn something new every day.
To understand how people move in the real world we need a diverse team with different background and experience. If you feel that your knowledge can help us get to the next level, we'd love to speak to you.
What you will do
- Work with location data and further improve methodologies for data analysis and data modeling
- Develop ideas into noteobok prototypes and eventually into production with support from our Data Engineers
- Make sure our data continues to hold the highest standard in the market
- Help uncover the full potential of new and existing data sources
- Communicate ideas, results and findings to clients, partners, and internally
What you need
- A mathematical and statistical background
- Coding skills for data transformation and analysis using languages such as SQL, Python, R, or other
- Experience with data visualization and data visualization tools
- Ability to identify and apply structure in pipelines and data models
- Passionate about working with large datasets!
- Flexibility in terms of work location. We only expect you to be two days a week at the office (Monday and Tuesday), the rest is up to you
- Six weeks of vacation
- Free socks! (We have a no-shoes policy in our offices)
- A flat team-based structure with ambitious and diverse colleagues from all over the world
- Great opportunities for personal and professional development
- Competitive salary, insurance and pension schemes
- Treatment insurance
- Subsidized gym
- A central and modern office located in the middle of Karl Johan, with free lunch and a stocked fridge!
- A great place to work for parents
- Parental leave covered above 6G
- 2 week paternity leave covered in relation to birth
- Flexible work hours
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, but bear in mind that there will be plenty of time for in depth questions during interveiws.
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, retail, real-estate, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
To help understand the impact of COVID-19, we have released many public dashboards and datasets to better act on both the health crisis and the economic crisis.
Unacast is a leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised over $50m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Our company values are deeply embedded into everything we are and everything we do:
Be your own CEO: Everyone at Unacast can and is expected to take charge of their own situation, and make sure the company as a whole moves forward. Waiting for some feedback? Go get it! Want something done? Do it!
Trust through transparency: Dare to be vulnerable and show ourselves and the world who we really are. The trust we build through transparency will help to lift us all higher than we can rise alone.
Have fun, seriously: Create an unexpected moment that surprises and delights team members and partners. Everyone needs fun in their life, especially while doing something important.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/