Director, Data Partnerships
Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?
Unacast Data Partnerships Team is responsible for providing the building blocks of everything we do in Unacast. And that’s a lot. We are designing sophisticated data insights solutions by sourcing location data from apps, publishers, telcos and other sources. As we grow, we are looking for a passionate Director, Data Partnerships to join our team and help us build the Human Mobility Database. You will report into Unacast COO and play a key role in the business development of our data supply fabric and work closely with R&D and Product teams to execute on the company’s strategy.
- Work with data partnerships team to identify and negotiate smart, strategic and sustainable partnership opportunities - based on company strategy and sales team feedback
- Intellectual strategic and commercial thinker who can evangelize and communicate products and opportunities that may be new to partnership opportunities
- Continuously execute on the data supply strategy to meet quarterly goals and track KPIs
- Shape and challenge our data supply strategy by advising on optimal relationship structure for partnerships in conjunction with R&D, Product, Finance, and other stakeholders
- Perform industry research and analysis; remain abreast of trends and partners’ product enhancements, and educate internal teams on the need-to-know with training and documentation
- Working with the R&D team on data analysis and data onboarding
- 4-6 years experience in a similar strategic partnership role (software B2B sales, data platform sales)Experience with negotiating and working with senior management at strategic business partners
- Proven negotiation skills, particularly in a complex sales environment. Solid experience creating and building differentiated relationships with strategic partners
- Self-motivated problem-solver comfortable wearing multiple and diverse hats Intellectually curious and forward thinking
- Comfort and experience with Excel and Powerpoint as analysis and presentation tools
- Comfort with fast-paced, dynamic working environment with shifting priorities. Must be comfortable with complexity and thinking on multiple levels of abstraction
- Experience in any of the following industries is a plus: Data Management Platforms, Digital and Mobile Marketing and apps and publishers
- Knowledge of privacy legislation including the GDPR would be considered an advantage
- Understanding of PII and compliance with data collection and sharing (preferred but not required) Ability to build excellent rapport with internal (Legal, Finance, Product, etc.) and external stakeholders
- Experience with Slack, CODA/Jira (or other ticketing systems), and Salesforce a plus
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
Unacast is leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised close to $25m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/