Norway, Oslo /
Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?*
*Unacast is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage you to apply
We are seeking our first VP People
Awarded as one of the best places to work in Oslo and NYC, Unacast is now seeking a leader, visionary, and a results-oriented VP People for our Oslo office to take our teams and company to the next level and embrace our culture of success. As the VP People at Unacast you will also lead our People team in the US.
As part of our Management Team and the first VP of People you will lead us through our growth journey where we aim to double the amount of employees in the next 12 months. You'll be responsible for defining our people vision, setting our people strategy and delivering innovative and effective tactics for all of Unacast’s talented and kind people. You'll implement strategies that drive top new talent into Unacast and further cement Unacast as a great place to work - being both a challenging and a rewarding workplace.
We encourage international candidates to apply, and we will support you if you should decide to join and move to Oslo.
- Be the voice of all people at Unacast in the Management Team
- Autonomously lead the design, implementation, and iteration of new People programs and policies, as well as assess and improve current programs - solidifying Unacast as a great place to work
- Engage on issues of organizational design, process, and workflows in order to help teams operate more effectively and reach peak efficiency
- Build and maintain an employer brand that attracts the very best talent into Unacast across all of our markets
- Support and implement innovative and creative talent sourcing strategies
- Mature the hiring process and institutionalize a scalable recruitment strategy to timely deliver great candidates to our teams
- Ensure diversity & inclusion is at the heart of everything we do, and work with the founders to ensure Unacast is a leader not a follower on this topic
- Deliver a roadmap that will deliver an end to end framework for the employee life-cycle (from onboarding to offboarding) across all our offices
- Coach and mentor fellow leadership and managers so that they can address the challenges of a high growth and dynamic organization
- Manage our People team in the US, and lead compensation, benefits and HR-related compliance for both regions
- You have 5-10 years of experience leading a People function and as a management team/leadership member - ideally from early stage through Series C and beyond. Comparable experience(s) will be evaluated too
- You have an unique ability to be both strategic and tactical - as this is a hands-on position
- You have a track record of attracting the best talent by building high performing recruitment processes across international territories
- You have mentored managers to support their teams in career development, succession planning, training and reaching their full potential
- You can mentor both junior and senior members of a team to deliver exceptional results; this includes the Management Team
- You have experience working at a global company with offices in multiple countries, and the complexities that come with those
- You have expertise in creating and delivering people strategies that add measurable efficiency at all levels of the organisation
- You're a champion of diversity, equity and inclusion
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, retail, real-estate, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
To help understand the impact of COVID-19, we have released many public dashboards and datasets to better act on both the health crisis and the economic crisis.
Unacast is a leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised over $50m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Our company values are deeply embedded into everything we are and everything we do:
Be your own CEO: Everyone at Unacast can and is expected to take charge of their own situation, and make sure the company as a whole moves forward. Waiting for some feedback? Go get it! Want something done? Do it!
Trust through transparency: Dare to be vulnerable and show ourselves and the world who we really are. The trust we build through transparency will help to lift us all higher than we can rise alone.
Have fun, seriously: Create an unexpected moment that surprises and delights team members and partners. Everyone needs fun in their life, especially while doing something important.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/