Solutions Analyst (East coast/remote friendly)
New York, New York /
Solution Engineering /
Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?*
*Unacast is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage you to apply
We are looking for Solutions Analysts to fuel the next generation of data driven companies!
As a Solutions Analyst at Unacast, you will work at the center of a cross-functional team consisting of account executives, data scientists, product managers, sales representatives, and other engineers. Your main role will be to work in tandem with Sales and Client Success to put the right location insights in the hands of prospects and clients in a diverse set of industries.
Depending on interests and needs, you will also provide market and product feedback to the technical teams in Oslo, work closely with Product to refine our datasets (and create new ones), help Marketing tell stories with location data, and implement the systems used for technical integrations with our partners. Provided your main responsibilities are fulfilled, you will have freedom to mold your role to suit your interests.
Our American headquarters is New York - and you’ll have the opportunity to work out of our offices in Oslo for periods of time - but you are free to work from anywhere you want as long as you get things done.
To us, innovation is the ability to tackle the challenges we don't currently know we have before someone else does it. For that reason, we believe that we need a team of diverse backgrounds and experiences. If you feel that your knowledge and experience can help us get to the next level, we'd love to speak to you
- Partner with account executives and sales to win new deals
- Consult clients on how they can utilize Unacast data towards their business goals
- Be an advocate of location data and other Unacast data sets
- Educate the rest of our company on partner and market feedback
- Own technical engagement internally and externally during client onboarding
- Own follow-ups post meetings including client handoff to CS team
- Develop a deep expertise in Unacast product and capabilities
- Become a subject matter expert in location data
- Think strategically about business, product and technical challenges
- Stay informed with key industry trends & market disruptors
- Exceptional technical, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong ability to tell a story with data
- Clear sense of ownership and accountability to your team and to clients
- Capacity to learn at a fast pace
- Dedication to serving client needs with data
- SQL knowledge (query only)
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in finance, accounting or other quantitatively oriented field
- At least 3 years previous success in a relevant experience: Technical pre-sales, Consulting, Software development, Data science, Sales engineering, Technical ad operations
- At least 1 year of consistent experience with: SQL use, Client interaction, AWS and/or other cloud data management services, Python and/or notebooks, Data visualization, Data management processes
- Solid understanding of BI Tools and IT systems
- General understanding of the location data industry
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, retail, real-estate, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
To help understand the impact of COVID-19, we have released many public dashboards and datasets to better act on both the health crisis and the economic crisis.
Unacast is a leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised over $50m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Our company values are deeply embedded into everything we are and everything we do:
Be your own CEO: Everyone at Unacast can and is expected to take charge of their own situation, and make sure the company as a whole moves forward. Waiting for some feedback? Go get it! Want something done? Do it!
Trust through transparency: Dare to be vulnerable and show ourselves and the world who we really are. The trust we build through transparency will help to lift us all higher than we can rise alone.
Have fun, seriously: Create an unexpected moment that surprises and delights team members and partners. Everyone needs fun in their life, especially while doing something important.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/