Data Vendor Manager
Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?
Unacast's Data as a Service offering is relying on a steady inflow of quality data - from location to map data. As our Data Vendor Manager you will take charge in understanding and monitoring all our data sources, proactively following up on findings and communicating back to multiple teams at Unacast - both in Oslo and NYC.
You will work in a cross-functional team consisting of business developers, data scientists and software engineers, and your main hub will be at our Oslo office. This position requires someone who is self-motivated and highly organized, and must work well in a small team environment with much of the communication virtual, via slack and email. The job will likely evolve over time, and a teamwork attitude and willingness to problem solve and ‘get things done’ is a must in this position.
To us, innovation is the ability to tackle the challenges we don't currently know we have before someone else does it. For that reason, we acknowledge that we need a diverse team with different backgrounds and experience. If you feel that your knowledge can help us get to the next level, we'd love to speak to you.
- Monitor volume and quality of incoming data dig deeper to find the root cause of important changes
- Communicate ideas, results and findings to clients, partners, and internally
- Own and execute the day-to-day work for Unacast SDK installs by owning the commercial side of the app relationship
- Handle relations to location data suppliers (aggregators and publishers) following up on delivery- or quality issues
- Handle other vendor relations (maps/POI, demography, reference data etc.)
- Help define and lead the strategic direction of the company within data sourcing by applying your knowledge and learnings towards where the company focuses its time and resources
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in finance, accounting or other quantitatively oriented field
- Solid understanding of IT systems including using BI Tools
- Experience with or willingness to learn SQL
- A general understanding of the location data industry is a plus, but not required
- Fluent in English spoken and written
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
Unacast is a leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised close to $25m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/