Director of People (East coast/remote friendly)
New York, New York /
Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?*
*Unacast is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage you to apply
We are now looking for Director of People
Unacast is seeking a dynamic Director of People reporting directly to VP of People. We’re looking for a people person to build strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organization and create processes that will help us scale for the future. The ideal Director of People candidate will possess excellent communication skills, business acumen, and the ability to function in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.
You are passionate about what you do, and you…
- Have the ability to dive deep into the trenches, while simultaneously acting as a strategic partner and coach to employees and managers across the organization
- Quickly diagnose challenges, strategize solutions and implement change
- Play a critical role in fostering a healthy culture, and will continuously assess and understand business priorities to determine how HR can approach best supporting the organization
- Autonomously lead the design, implementation, and iteration of new people programs & policies in the US, as well as assess and improve current programs
- Engage on issues of organizational design, process, and workflows in order to help teams operate more effectively and reach peak efficiency
- Manage the recruitment and retention of top tier employees throughout the organization in the US
- Cultivate an open & honest employee relations and the ability to help navigate conflict resolution
- Utilize people metrics to drive key insights and decisions around engagement and retention
- Manage recruiting teams in the US to ensure a positive and memorable candidate experience
- Experience in a high-growth, fast-paced environment creating, scaling and implementing HR policies and programs
- Strong recruiting abilities
- Significant experience with performance management, compensation programming and benefits administration
- Excellent project management skills, with an ability to design and implement people strategies that align and drive business results
- Understanding of local and national US employment laws and regulations
- Comfort with high-volume work and not being afraid to jump into sticky situations
- A track record of influencing and advising executive leadership on talent and employment matters
- Ability to utilize people data analytics to influence organizational decisions
- HR experience in a tech start-up or high growth company
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, retail, real-estate, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
To help understand the impact of COVID-19, we have released many public dashboards and datasets to better act on both the health crisis and the economic crisis.
Unacast is a leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised over $50m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Our company values are deeply embedded into everything we are and everything we do:
Be your own CEO: Everyone at Unacast can and is expected to take charge of their own situation, and make sure the company as a whole moves forward. Waiting for some feedback? Go get it! Want something done? Do it!
Trust through transparency: Dare to be vulnerable and show ourselves and the world who we really are. The trust we build through transparency will help to lift us all higher than we can rise alone.
Have fun, seriously: Create an unexpected moment that surprises and delights team members and partners. Everyone needs fun in their life, especially while doing something important.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/