Business Developer for Turbine
Norway, Oslo /
Business Development /
Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?
These are exciting times! Unacast has successfully launched Turbine - a leading location processing platform that enables companies to turn raw their data into privacy friendly human mobility insights.
One year after launching Turbine we are commercially LIVE in several countries in Europe, and are now entering Africa and Latin America. We aim to be the global leader within location insights and processing and we are therefore looking for more skilled and ambitious Business Developers that can play a vital part on this journey with us.
Your task is simple but hard: As a skilled Business Developer you will manage new client and partner relationships for our Turbine Platform. This entails that you will be working in the intersection of sales, client success and innovation/technology. You will work alongside a very capable technical team and report to Unacast’s director of Platform Operations. Your work location will be at our beautiful Oslo office at Karl Johan.
Occasional travel to Europe, US, Africa and LatAm should be expected. That is of course when the COVID-19 situation is under control.
We have raised close to $35M in venture already and are now in a scaling phase with all the difficulties and excitement that comes with such rapid growth. Therefore, we require you to be both creative and structured - and we know that is not a common combination.
Lastly, you have to love and embrace change!
- Identify potential clients/partners in the target market and potential future markets
- Complete appropriate research on the prospective client’s/partner’s business and software needs
- Partner with our sales and marketing team to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients
- Negotiate contract terms with clients/partners and communicate terms to stakeholders
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to ensure contracted product specifications are executed on-time and as agreed
- Creativity and analytical skills is a must
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in business, marketing, engineering or similar
- Demonstrated achievement in business development for B2B, ideally from new product types and innovation projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations
- Innovation and problem-solving skills that include the ability to develop and propose software-based solutions for clients
- Basic understanding of data/insights-related products and/or the telecom industry, with the desire and ability to become a subject matter expert on the job
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, retail, real-estate, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
To help understand the impact of COVID-19, we have released many public dashboards and datasets to better act on both the health crisis and the economic crisis.
Unacast is a leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised close to $35m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/