VP Finance and Operations
New York, New York
Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?
We are growing and are now seeking a strategic addition to the company and the management team to head up finance and operations.
You will be a key figure in most of our internal processes and be the person that accelerates and protects our continued growth with support from the founders and the management team. We have raised close to $30m in venture already and are now in a scaling phase with all the difficulties and excitement that comes with such rapid growth. Therefore, we require you to be both creative and structured - and we know that is not a common combination.
We believe the successful candidate will be a strategically oriented individual with 5 years+ of managerial accounting, financial management and operational experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment.
You consider yourself on a CFO career track, but want to learn more about all the perspectives of running a company. This is your opportunity to do just that.
Lastly, you have to love and embrace change!
Responsibilities - Finance
- Advise the CEO and other key members of senior management on financial planning budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Serve as the management liaison to the board, investors, and other external stakeholders; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and other meetings.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyzing the company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to management.
- Lead and provide strategic guidance around capital financing, fundraising and M&A to support company growth needs.
Responsibilities - Operations
- Develop, establish, and direct the execution of Unacast´s operating policies to support overall company objectives.
- Oversee basic HR operations and related systems – recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and retention, as well as compensation and benefits administration
- Maintain and develop Unacast´s goal-setting methodology through quarterly OKRs.
- Working in partnership with the management team to create the strategic five year plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it.
- Develop and lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals.
- Oversee all administrative functions, ensuring smooth daily customer and event operations.
- Oversee contract negotiation and legal activities: client contracts, HR, partnership agreements, vendor contracts, and other legal documents.
- Oversee basic HR operations and related systems – recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and retention, as well as compensation and benefits administration.
- Bachelor’s degree. An MBA or Master's a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience with progressive general management responsibilities in the technology sector in a high-paced, rapid growth environment
- Experience working in a growing start up environment strongly preferred.
- Proven P&L management track record
- Business line management experience in launching new technology products, and scaling for growth and profitability
- Expertise in defining and scaling operational processes and using Salesforce, both internally and with external partners
- Managing multiple projects in a manner that focuses the team and drives results
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage tasks and time.
- Merger and acquisition finance experience is a plus.
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
Unacast is leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised close to $25m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/