Norway, Oslo /
Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?
We are looking for a strategic and business-oriented CFO
You will have a key role in Unacast and will work closely with the CEO, the management team and executive board. You will actively participate in financing and strategy processes, as well as fundraising, M&A activities and business development. The right candidate has a strong business understanding with a desire to create results and commercial flair. The position reports to the CEO and is part of the management team.
Scope of work
- Overall financial management for the company
- Central in M&A and strategic development projects
- Financing, liquidity management and fundraising
- Assessment of underlying business performance
- Continuously look for opportunities for development and growth
Desired experience and qualifications
- A master’s degree from a well-reputed university with strong academic records
- Minimum 8 years experience from top tier investment banking, consulting or operational transaction environment
- Experience from M&A, strategy and business development processes
- Strong in strategic and financial analysis
- Experience with investor communities and fundraising is an advantage
Desired personal skills
- Distinct strategic and analytical skills
- Passion for start-ups and technology
- Self-driven with strong execution skills
- Fluent in English both oral and written
- Strong business understanding and ability to see value potential
We offer a varied and exciting role in a leading international SaaS company and you will become a part of a dynamic and good working environment. The company is located in New York City and Oslo city centre.
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, retail, real-estate, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
To help understand the impact of COVID-19, we have released many public dashboards and datasets to better act on both the health crisis and the economic crisis.
Unacast is a leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised close to $35m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/