Norway, Oslo /
Isn’t it time you did something for yourself?
We think so, too. That’s why we want you to come Be Your Own CEO at Unacast.
At Unacast, we believe that unlocking the black box of human mobility data is the key to advancing innovation. That's why we’re building the Real World Graph® to provide a truly transparent and accurate understanding of the real world.
It's literally uncharted territory, which means a sense of adventure is a must. Want to come along?*
*Unacast is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage you to apply
Unacast is looking for a Product Designer to join one of our cross-functional product teams to execute and innovate on Unacast’s vision to be the trusted foundation for all data-driven decisions based on our superior knowledge of human mobility.
As the complexity of our product portfolio increases we seek to simplify our products and empower more people in more organizations to tap into the power of mobility data.
You will be part of a dedicated group of designers and product managers responsible for developing Unacast’s product vision and strategy at our spectacular Oslo offices on Karl Johan. Post COVID-19 we expect to spend two days a week at the office and let the remaining three days be flexible to work from home or from the office.
To us, innovation is the ability to tackle the challenges we don't currently know we have before someone else does it. For that reason, we acknowledge that we need a diverse team with different backgrounds and experiences. If you feel that your knowledge can help us get to the next level, we'd love to speak to you.
What you will be doing
- Help put the power and insights of mobility data in the hands of users all over the world.
- Take complex data and insights and turn them into delightful and user-friendly products across multiple platforms. Data and APIs are user interfaces that need design too!
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, data scientists, engineers, sales and marketing throughout the full product design lifecycle, from research and discovery to concept and execution.
- Own the end-user experience and be an advocate for the user.
Who we think you are
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience as a Product Designer working on complex problems in a data-driven environment.
- You are a strong generalist with core competences in one or more of the various design disciplines, with an interest and desire to participate in every aspect of product design.
- You have shipped one or more products, having followed a design process from research to execution.
- You have experience from a start-up or a similar environment.
- You enjoy taking initiative and collaborating in multi-disciplinary teams to bring the best products to market.
- You have a portfolio showcasing your design process through multiple projects.
- Bonus points if you have experience from retail, real estate, transportation, or similar industries.
When applying, please attach a link to your portfolio. or a PDF showing recent relevant work.
Who is Unacast?
Verified, actionable data facilitates fundamental insights in industries such as research, retail, real-estate, finance, advertising technology, city planning, transportation, and artificial intelligence. Location data is a key component, the core intelligence, that creates value for the players in these industries.
To help understand the impact of COVID-19, we have released many public dashboards and datasets to better act on both the health crisis and the economic crisis.
Unacast is a leader in transparent, contextualized location data. Like Google indexed the web, Unacast is indexing the physical world through The Real World Graph®, designing products that merge multiple types of data on human mobility to empower companies and individuals alike to make smarter decisions.
Unacast is a fast-growing Nordic company based on Nordic values with offices in Oslo and NYC. We were recently named "The #1 Small Company To Work At In NYC" and have been featured everywhere from Techcrunch to Forbes. We were named as one of 50 NYC Startups To Watch in 2019, and our co-founders were named to The Nordic 100. We were also awarded the Best New Nordic Company and Best IoT Startup at the Nordic Startup Awards. Inc. Magazine called us “The startup that just might threaten Google”.
We have strong revenue growth and have in the last three years raised over $50m in venture funding to fuel global expansion into new verticals and geographies.
Our company values are deeply embedded into everything we are and everything we do:
Be your own CEO: Everyone at Unacast can and is expected to take charge of their own situation, and make sure the company as a whole moves forward. Waiting for some feedback? Go get it! Want something done? Do it!
Trust through transparency: Dare to be vulnerable and show ourselves and the world who we really are. The trust we build through transparency will help to lift us all higher than we can rise alone.
Have fun, seriously: Create an unexpected moment that surprises and delights team members and partners. Everyone needs fun in their life, especially while doing something important.
Read more about our company and culture at https://careers.unacast.com/