Freelance-Linguistic Annotator (English to Modern Hebrew)
Remote - Freelance
z-Freelancers – Quality
What's the opportunity about? 📢
We are looking for Freelance linguists specialized in different linguistic fields (syntax, semantics, morphology, lexicography) to work remotely for Unbabel.
You will be working autonomously on several Machine Learning projects related to grammar and spell-check developments, POS annotation as well as other translation and linguistics tasks. The volume of workload may vary according to the business requirements and our clients’ demands.
This is a great opportunity to focus and see the impact of NLP and linguistics in a real business case.
You'll help create understanding by... 🗝
- Performing error analysis on current system outputs.
- Creating linguistic resources such as guidelines.
- Providing general linguistic consultancy on demand.
You'll move the needle if you have... 🛠
- Native or near native level of Modern Hebrew and fluent English.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in General Linguistics or related studies.
- Technical skills and good knowledge in linguistic analysis, NLP and AI.
- Excellent knowledge of the structural aspects of the language.
- Up-to-date exposure to popular native culture and the ability to use that knowledge to perform data analysis.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and to learn inhouse tools
- Proofreading/scan-checking skills.
- Great attention to detail while working efficiently, analytical and communications skills.
The Tower of Unbabel 🚀
Unbabel enables modern enterprises to serve customers in their native languages, with always-on, scalable translation across digital channels.
Powered by AI and refined by a global community of translators, Unbabel combines the speed and scale of machine translation with the authenticity that can come only from a native speaker.
Unbabel has raised $91M in funding and has over 200 employees across its Lisbon headquarters and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Pittsburgh. Leading brands like Facebook, Microsoft, Booking.com, and easyJet use Unbabel to make their customers happier and their support operations vastly more efficient.
Unbabelers come from over 30 countries and have created a scaling company that embraces diversity, transparency, team spirit and continuous learning, with a fast-paced Silicon Valley atmosphere in the beautiful city of Lisbon, Portugal. Even though you will be working remotely we will make you feel part of an amazing, united and enthusiastic company that is ready to fly to unknown places.
Are you ready to get onboard this rocketship? Sounds great, doesn't it? If this position fits your profile, apply now with your CV in English!